heartbeats

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ceb023, Nov 28, 2006.

1. ceb023

ceb023 Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Carrie and I'm new here, this is my first time to post. We had an ultrasound two weeks ago (I was 11wks at the time) and the tech said that both heartbeats were in the 170s. I can't remember exactly what they were but I know both were around 170. Does that seem high?? Does anyone know where I can find information on what the normal range for heartbeats is at certain weeks? Thanks so much for your help!

2. ceb023

ceb023 Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Carrie and I'm new here, this is my first time to post. We had an ultrasound two weeks ago (I was 11wks at the time) and the tech said that both heartbeats were in the 170s. I can't remember exactly what they were but I know both were around 170. Does that seem high?? Does anyone know where I can find information on what the normal range for heartbeats is at certain weeks? Thanks so much for your help!

3. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I think that is within the OK range...I have a weekly NST, which you'll have later in your pregnancy, monitoring both babies' heartbeats for a half hour. I watch as the machine tracks the rates and notice mine are frequently 160-170. The OB always says 'fantastic' so I'm assuming 170 is fine...I'm sure other ladies will post their experiences as well.

[​IMG]

4. Marbear

Marbear Well-Known Member

I had one in the 170s at 12 weeks...the other was 162. Both are fine. They start out faster and slow down as the baby grows. It's normal!

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff.

The average is 110-160 but keep in mind this is average and there will always be peaks and valleys when sleeping or partying.

Please feel free to add your due date in the appropriate sticky at the top of this forum. We would also love to have you share your upcoming appointment and milestone dates in the link provided so we can encourage and support you during your pregnancy.

Again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you!

6. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twins! A heartbeat around 170 is just fine and healthy. At my 10.5 wk. ultrasound, one baby had a heartrate in the 170s and the other had one in the 180s! I think heartrates peak sometime between 9 and 12 weeks?? At our 12.5 week ultrasound, both babies had heartrates between 150 and 160, if I remember right. It can also vary depending on how active they are being at the time of measurement. Hope that helps. [​IMG]

7. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome! And congrats on your twins. Those heartbeats are fine - as other posters say, they start out very fast, and slow down eventually. I'm 18 weeks and today they were 144 and 138. THey will likely be slightly different from each other, don't worry! Good luck and keep coming back, this is a great resource for info and support.

8. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats!!!!!!! [​IMG] Those heartrates are just fine, mine have averaged anywhere from 140 to 170, nowadays they are typically around the 140's. It's amazing how fast they beat, hey???

9. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the site and congratulations on your twins. those heart beats are fine. At 12 weeks baby A was 153 and baby B was 169 beats per minute. Now at 15 weeks they have both setlled at 153 beats per minute. So dont worry about anything. [​IMG]

10. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

No worries! I just had my 10 wk u/s and both heartbeats were at 176 bpm. I asked if that was high and was told, nope - just fine for this stage of the game!

11. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] to T/s website and congratulations on your twin pregnancy!!!

12. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

Those heartbeats sound great. Early on the beats will be faster. It will vary from week to week. Sometimes the babies will be active and their heartbeats will be faster and other times when they are sleeping they will be slower.

Both of my babies usually measure around 150 now, but last week they actually got up to 170 (they were having a party in my belly).

Good Luck and Keep us posted on your progress!!

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

[​IMG] and welcome to TS! Congratulations on your twins!
    I don't remember what my babies' hr was at that gestation, but now they are between 140-150 during my NSTs - just fine, says my OB.

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] welcome to TS

NOPE 170 is fine!!

15. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Mine were in the 170's during my first trimester - they told me that that was normal - and that they would slow down the older they got and
    sure enough - I am 33weeks now and they range between 140-150 at most of my visits!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your babies and [​IMG]