Has anyone done the DNA tests?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinsagainx4, Mar 13, 2007.

1. twinsagainx4

twinsagainx4 Well-Known Member

I just sent away for one to test my babies. After this one I'm going to get one for my older girls. I carried the babies with one placenta but never knew if it was actually one or two fused. They look identical to us but I still am not sure sometimes.

I was just wondering if you did the test how it went and were you satisfied with the results. Thanks.

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

We tested with Affiliated Genetics. The whole thing was a positive experience. They were great to deal with and I feel confident in the results.

I think it's probably easier to test when they're younger because they can't grab the swab so easily. Have an extra set of hands available when you do the test. We did ours at 15 months and it was tough getting the third and fourth swabbings because by then, they had caught on and wanted to "help".

3. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

I just did it through Proactive Genetics last month and I was pleased. From beginning to end it was about 2 weeks and then I got an e-mail followed by a letter in the mail. I only did it because I was told all through my pregnancy they only had one placenta, even as early as 10 weeks. Come to find out from the pathology report it was two. They are ID. [​IMG] When I asked about it on here someone said if you question whether or not they are ID or frat they are probably ID. Good luck to you! Let us know the results!

4. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I should be getting the results on mine by the 26th. So far I like them, but I got anxious.

5. dimples

dimples Well-Known Member

We just did Proactive Genetics last month, too. I was pleased with them, didn't take too long, I got really anxious waiting, but could check online to see what they were currently doing.. It was just nice to know for sure that they are ID.

6. aplummer514

aplummer514 Well-Known Member

I used Proactive Genetics and was VERY pleased. The guy I spoke to was so super nice!

good luck!

Mandi

7. ems9882

ems9882 Well-Known Member

quote:
    I only did it because I was told all through my pregnancy they only had one placenta, even as early as 10 weeks. Come to find out from the pathology report it was two. They are ID. When I asked about it on here someone said if you question whether or not they are ID or frat they are probably ID. Good luck to you! Let us know the results!

okay girls so im lost as usual lol. i thought if they were identical there is only 1 placenta? and if fat they have 2?? am i really really lost here? lol.... my twins had 2 placentas but there is noooooooo way they are identical.... girls its been a long night sorry but am i really this dumb founded and have my own twins? lol

8. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

The only way to know for certain that your twins are ID is if they share a placenta and have two sacs or if they share a placenta AND a sac. Obviously (with RARE exceptions) a boy/girl set of twins would be fraternal. If you have two sacs and two placentas and same sex twins, unless they look COMPLETELY different (and I would not use this as a guage some of the time simply because as the parents they WILL look different to you), there is still a 33% (I think that's the percentage?) chance they could still be ID...it all depends on when the egg started splitting. Did I explain that right?

9. ems9882

ems9882 Well-Known Member

wow thats wierd to me lol. okay my boys had two placentas but looks wowwwwwwwwwww nothing alike lol. i know theire not identical but i was lost on how 2 sacs or placents means identical lol. yes i think i understand now. the wierd thing is people always ask are they iden? im just like omgggggggggggggggggg u need glasses. im still trying to find 1 thing that that both have in common and i cant lol. theire almost 10mths and still i cant find nothing lol