Halloween Costumes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christie76, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

My twins are repeating Tinkerbell and Peterpan from last year - I don't think they realize they can ask for something else and I am going to be thrifty and not tell them :laughing:

My older son is refusing to be Capt Hook again - requesting Batman.

2. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Emily is going to be a kitty cat, and Sam is going to be a skeleton. The first couple of years I had a thing about making the costumes and them being something of a pair (thing 1 & thing 2, tinkerbell & peterpan, and mickey & minnie) but last year and this year they will have nothing of being a pair...which I am ok with.

Some other ideas I have had for twins was:

Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
    Salt & Pepper
    Catsup & Mustard
    Cop & Robber
    Angel & Devil
    Uncle Sam & Liberty
    Crayons

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We picked up the girls costumes over the weekend. Allison is Dorothy and Sarah is a "pretty" mean witch. I still can not convince her to paint her face green, but I'm trying!!

4. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

Our whole family always dresses together- last year we were the Flinestones and this year we are going to be the cast of YO GABBA GABBA :) My husband is excited to be DJ Lance LOL

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have the boys costumes. Nolan is going to be Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) and Liam is going to be Woody. I paid $5 at my twins club sale for Nolan's and $0 for Liam's at the sale (and his is really nice!) . Meghan is going to be jessiethebluefairysupergirlrockstaridon'tknow.

6. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

I think finally we have our costumes picked. Mattie still wants to be a knight but now Lauren wants to be Bat Girl. :rolleyes:

7. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

My girls are gonna be a bumble bee and ladybug and look adorable as them:)

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I finally got off my duff and bought some stuff for costumes. DH and I are going as the King and Queen of Hearts (we have renaissance gear from before kids that I'm adding heart decorations to, I bought crowns and capes, and will make heart scepters), and the boys are going as Little Boy Blue (overalls, straw hat, toy horn) and Jack Be Nimble (jammies, nightcap, and fake candle).

The boys really love nursery rhymes so I think it will be cute and fun for them. :)

9. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

We are reusing the cute monkey costumes that my mom made them last year. Hopefully this year they will actually WEAR the monkey head-piece :)

I think DH and I will go as "Monkey Trainers" or something...haven't figured out exactly what our costumes will entail (any ideas??). I plan to take bananas as a snack to the Halloween Party for our local twins group!

10. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

You could go as Jane Goodall, and DH as a primatologist (white lab coat, or khakis like Jane). :D Or you as Jane and DH as the Man in the Yellow Hat!

11. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

[quote name='Nate and Jack's Mom' date='13 October 2010 - 08:05 AM' timestamp='1286982319' post='1708652']
    You could go as Jane Goodall, and DH as a primatologist (white lab coat, or khakis like Jane). :D Or you as Jane and DH as the Man in the Yellow Hat!
    [/quote]

Since DH and I are both scientists, I like the "primatologist" idea! And DH threw out the Man in the Yellow Hat possibility last night, but I have no clue where to find that giant hat! Hmmm...off to google some ideas.

Thanks!