Had a DNA test done on my boys to see if they are identical

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by nessas3girlsandtwinboys, Oct 29, 2012.

1. nessas3girlsandtwinboys

nessas3girlsandtwinboys Well-Known Member

My boys are mono di twins so medically they were always considered identical twins. As they have gotten older they just started to look different to me--maybe that's just because I'm their Mom lol but I wanted to know for certain. I used the Proactive Genetics which is linked here on TS http://www.proactivegenetics.com/ From the time I received the kit until the time they gave me the test results was within the 10 day range. They were very professional and I love that they gave me the results in a timely manner.
    Here's a picture...oh and test results determined they are indeed identical :D

Picture

2. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Is one taller than the other as well?

My mono di girls don't look identical, there are more differences than similarities and I've thought getting the DNA but then I remember seeing the chorion in the sacs and have to remind myself that it's just a medical term Lol.

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls are id and are very different in appearance. It just happens with some. Jessys hair should be curly like jazzs but all her health issue prevented it. Mine have always been different weight and height

4. nessas3girlsandtwinboys

nessas3girlsandtwinboys Well-Known Member

My boys are identical in a lot of ways... Same eyes, nose, mouth, hair and they are both left handed. Eli has always been a little taller and heavier than Izaac. Of course their personalities are opposite lol Eli is more outgoing while Izaac is more reserved. They balance one another nicely. :)

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My boys are also mono-di and I think looked nothing alike. One is taller then the other but they have the same shaped ears, ears, mouth, nose, same birthmarks, same feet with a wonky toe. I think it's because we are their moms so we see all the differences.