Great kids crossword puzzle site

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Kendra, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In the colouring books we have at work there are some crossword puzzles and the kids were fighting over who got to do them so I looked up some sites online for printable puzzles.

I found smartcrosswords.com and printed off 4.

At work the kids loved them. I only copied 5 of each and they were gone in an instant.

I like how they have the clues and the words there already. Just challenging enough. Great for young readers too. (I printed level 1 puzzles) I'm going to have to do more for Monday.

2. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In the colouring books we have at work there are some crossword puzzles and the kids were fighting over who got to do them so I looked up some sites online for printable puzzles.

I found smartcrosswords.com and printed off 4.

At work the kids loved them. I only copied 5 of each and they were gone in an instant.

I like how they have the clues and the words there already. Just challenging enough. Great for young readers too. (I printed level 1 puzzles) I'm going to have to do more for Monday.

3. JenJefLog

JenJefLog Well-Known Member

Caitlin and Sarah's teacher uses crosswords and word searches for their spelling words each week. She gives them a word search in their homework and then on Fridays, the crossword is their spelling test.

4. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kendra. I printed some off for my girls.

5. momofangels

momofangels Well-Known Member

I just found another new site (actually, a teacher told me about it). It's called puzzlemaker.com, and you can make word searches, crosswords, math sqaures, among other types. It's pretty cool.