Good News

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gina_leigh, Oct 23, 2013.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So I had my latest appt with my maternal-fetal doctor yesterday. At the last appt I was too chicken for them to tell me what my cervix was measuring and I didn't want to stress myself out. Well, yesterday I thought I overheard the nurse and doctor talk about it, so I asked. 

4.7!!!!

That's so awesome! And really put my mind at ease. It was never ever that long with the twins. At 12wks when our doctors first became concerned it was only measuring 3.5. And sometimes with pressure would go down further. Then at 22wks I had an emergency rescue cerclage put in because they didn't think it would hold until viability on it's own and I was put on hospital bed rest. It was 1.5 I think at that point and I was almost a fingertip dilated. Well, it did hold and I made it to 36wks. But after I had the babies, I asked (I quit letting them tell then because it would stress me out) and found out that around 28wks it shortened again to .9 and again around 32wks to .5. As soon as they cut my stitch out, I dilated  and had the babies a few days later. 

But anyway. I'm just so excited that my cervix is that long at almost 20wks! 

I asked if it was because I had the stitch put in so early this time, and he said no that most of the length is way above the stitch. Also, he pushed on my belly and it didn't shorten any. I just can't believe it. I've been almost afraid to cough to hard because of all we went through with the twins. 

I just wanted to share because I'm so excited and just can't believe it. :D 

2 people like this.
  2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Great, I hope you won't have any cervix issues this time and you deliver a healthy baby full time. Did you find out what kind of baby are you having already?

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

That is such fantastic news!!!!  I was SO SO worried about preterm labor with my subsequent pregnancies after my twins were born early.  Hopefully now you can sit back and enjoy being pregnant rather than thinking the worst!!  I am really happy for you!!

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Hooray! I bet that's a huge relief to you! Sounds like you may get the simpler pregnancy this run. :)

5. gina_leigh

We have our sealed envelope! :) But our reveal party is Saturday, so we won't know until then.

But funny story:
    For about 2 hours yesterday I lost the envelope! I looked every where I could think. Chris was laughing his butt off too. I finally found it in the van thankfully. But I was stressing for a few hours! :lol:

6. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Yay! What a relief! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is as peaceful! Enjoy your big reveal! Please don't forget to fill us in!

7. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is so awesome Gina, and I bet such a relief! Did y'all find out the gender?

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's great news!

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay!!! What a relief!

10. gina_leigh

Thanks y'all!
    It really is such a relief. I think things are finally sinking in that we are having another baby.

Aimee, our reveal party is this Saturday. We have the sealed envelope but are letting the kids open the box of balloons for us all to find out. :)

11. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

What a relief for you! I hope you continue having an uneventful healthy pregnancy!

12. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Thats awesome!!!!:)  Have a great time at your party!!:)

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Gina!  That's great news!  The reveal party sounds like a lot of fun!

14. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

Oh Gina that is GREAT news. I'm so happy for you. Yea that is worth some celebrating right there. I'm so glad you asked and were able to put your mind at ease. I know it is always so scary to ask. Like do I really want to know or not. I'm glad you over heard them and it was great news. Hopefully the rest of the pg will be just as relaxing and uneventful.