Good news - we're hanging in there!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Overachiever, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. We got our whole family worked up over the probability that we were going to be delivering these babies today. We packed the bag and headed to the peri for the doppler study and to check fluid levels. Well, they are stable from Wednesday - in the 5's still, but not getting worse. He recommended we wait. I go back on Tuesday, and assuming nothing else happens in the meantime - we'll go from there!
    Of course there was this initial disappointment, because we got all worked up in anticipation of seeing our babies. Then we felt guilty of course.
    Now I'm home and feel relieved - Tues will be 33 weeks and that much closer to having my babies come home. In all, good news!

2. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. We got our whole family worked up over the probability that we were going to be delivering these babies today. We packed the bag and headed to the peri for the doppler study and to check fluid levels. Well, they are stable from Wednesday - in the 5's still, but not getting worse. He recommended we wait. I go back on Tuesday, and assuming nothing else happens in the meantime - we'll go from there!
    Of course there was this initial disappointment, because we got all worked up in anticipation of seeing our babies. Then we felt guilty of course.
    Now I'm home and feel relieved - Tues will be 33 weeks and that much closer to having my babies come home. In all, good news!

3. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

That is GREAT news! [​IMG] I was thinking about you and your family all day yesterday. I signed on hoping to see that you were home and contiuning to cook those babies! Yeah for the babies! I know you had to have mixed feelings about coming home today, but WOO HOO for 33wks...and maybe 34...and so on and so on. Hang in there! Glad to see you're home.

Laura

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

THANK GOODNESS!! I am SO glad that everything is ok!! I was worried about you guys!

5. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Wow, great news Sara! The longer you can keep them in the better off they will be. You are probably sick of hearing that, I know! Soon enough they will be here [​IMG]
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie

So I guess Runnergirl is the only one having a c/s today??

6. Marie_B

Marie_B Well-Known Member

Great news Sara! Will still continue to pray for you and your babies!

7. socalkristi

socalkristi Well-Known Member

That is great news!!! I lurk here often and was thinking of you today, hang in there you are doing so good. [​IMG]

8. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I was thinking about you today, wondering if/when your little girls arrived. I'm glad things are continuing to look good on US. I know it must have been a little disappointing, but that means less NICU time...yay!!

9. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

that's great news - i'll keep hoping the girls gain weight and you keep them in a few more weeks..honestly as long as they gain weight, aren't they better on the inside than the outside?

miriam

10. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

That's fantastic! You seem to keep proving them wrong!

I can totally appreciate feeling some initial disappointment after you get so geared up and ready to meet your baby girls.

I hope we get a similar update on Tuesday.

11. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Yay!!!! You're doing so well!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

12. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

That is great Sara! I hope the babies continue to thrive as long as possible on the inside!!

13. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad to hear that you are doing okay! It's nice that you can keep them in a bit longer.

14. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

That is good news. I was wondering how you were all doing. I am glad all is well so far. I hope all goes well at our next appointment.

15. Cajuchopp

Cajuchopp Well-Known Member

Hi Sara,

That's great news! Every single day you can keep them in is a victory! I know what you mean on the emotional up and down of thinking it one day and then it being another--of course, mine was the opposite! I was craving pizza so badly that day that preeclampsia decided that I would have to deliver...and suffered 10 hours until the c-section craving pizza! And of course, I haven't wanted pizza since then!

As always, I truly appreciate your positive attitude!!

Kristin

16. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

That's great news! I've been wondering about you and I'm glad to hear you're still pg [​IMG]. Every day counts. Woo-hoo and on to week 33!

17. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

That is great news. You were on my mind the whole time and i am glad to hear that the babies are still fine. Now on to 33 weeks. Holding thumbs for 34!! [​IMG]

18. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I am so glad to hear this! I was thinking of you yesterday, but didn't have a chance to see what your MD said until today! Good job keeping those babies cooking!

Angel

19. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

I am so glad for you, you have been on my mind for the last 2 days. We will keep praying for you to keep those babies cooking for a few more weeks.

20. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

that's fantasic! one day at a time!

21. orangepaas

orangepaas Well-Known Member

I know I'm a little late, but hang in there!

22. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Sara,
    Don't feel guilty for being excited to meet your beautiful babies!

You are on such a roller coaster right now! You are doing such a great job. Just hang in there. You will meet them soon enough!