Getting Naked---how long does this phase last?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MarchI, Mar 14, 2011.

1. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Henry keeps taking off his pants and socks, because he can. I was very surprised when I went to get them up from nap yesterday. Thankfully he kept his diaper on (although that came off later on in the evening when he started taking off his pants again). So, how long does the getting naked phase last?

2. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

I have no idea, but I am close to stapeling my girls clothes to their body. i will find them at least once a day completely naked. the other day they were even playing with the poop from their diaper.....yuck!!

3. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I'm hoping it will end soon too...

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My husband is almost 30 and still has this problem.. :laughing:

I think my twins grew out of it around 3, but I did institute "naked time" during which they were allowed to be naked. Usually for about ten minutes right before or right after their bath.

2 people like this.
  5. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

My boys turned 3 in January and they have gotten to the point where they just take off shirts. They too have naked time after bath.

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We have naked time too. It just gives them that 10 minutes of time that it's okay to be naked. I don't know if H&J are old enough for it yet.

And instead of ducttape, I used the satin scotch tape, it didn't let Alice grab ahold of it with her fingers. Then onesie and pants.

7. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

Honestly there are many days when we did not (and do not) put anything but a diaper on the boys. Our house is warm enough and if we weren't going out they were perfectly happy going without clothes. For naps they often just had on a shirt. They don't have a problem keeping clothes on but will on occasion want clothes off. I don't really see a problem with it as long as the diaper stays on.

I babysit a 3 year old blind girl. She was always naked. Not sure what age it started but it lasted until she was probably about 4. Getting her to understand you had to wear clothes outside the house was difficult. For her it was most likely sensory related. Her parents didn't care as long as she was clothed going out. She would start stripping the moment we sit foot inside the house.

8. Username

Username Well-Known Member

I'd say between 4-6 years for girls and 5-7 years for boys. At least judging from my kids!

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't mind but I called daycare to warn them and they told me he was trying to get naked there also. :laughing:

We do naked time before and after bath and they love it. I will see if I can do some no clothes/just diaper time also.