Getting Close!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gina_leigh, Feb 6, 2014.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So I had my latest and greatest ob appt today! Everything looks great and I'm measuring right on target. We're taking my cerclage out on the next visit on Feb 18! That's a week and half away! 

HOLY CRAP WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!

I don't think any of us (doctor included) think Caleb will come right after the stitch comes out, but it certainly puts things into perspective for sure. I'm getting nervous about things, which is kinda late to do, lol. I'm nervous about delivery (hoping for a vbac, unless I have to be induced- then we'll do a repeat section) and how the twins will handle having a baby brother, what it'll be like taking care of baby all over again, and what it'll be like taking care of the twins on top of taking care of a baby. 

I've really loved being pregnant and am honestly a little sad to see it coming to an end. This is it for us and so it makes things bittersweet. On the other hand, I'm so ready to meet him and hold him! 

I guess I need to get serious about packing a hospital bag, diaper bag, and washing the last few things I need to and get those put away. 

And just because things weren't interesting enough, the twins started soccer last night and will have soccer through the end of March. And our dog had knee surgery and will be recuperating from that for 4-6 weeks.  :crazy:

But I can do this, right?! 

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow! How exciting. :D It seems like it's just flown by (from the outside anyway).

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

So exciting! I hope all goes well when they remove the cerclage.

I am about 8 weeks behind you and can totally relate to the feelings.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I could have written that exact same post!  (Minus the cerclage part.)   Definitely feeling anxious about the upcoming birth and newborn, and bittersweet about my last pregnancy.  I worry about how my two year old is going to handle not being the baby anymore..  

My twins were 6 1/2 when their baby brother was born and they did great with him, and they still are!  I'm sure your two will be fine also.  

5. gina_leigh

Oh this pregnancy has just flown by for me for sure. I remember thinking when we first peed on the stick (the day before my beta test, lol) that March was a lifetime away. And I spent most of the first trimester anxious and ready just to make it to that second trimester. But then once we did, time flew. It seems like I was just 20wks and finding out it's a boy. I can't believe I'm almost 35 weeks now!

Kate! I keep thinking I'll see a "She's Here!" post from you everyday! Do you have an induction date? How are you feeling?

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

It is awesome with # 3. Awesome. First month is always rough with newborn, but one baby is awesome.

7. gina_leigh

Rachael, I'm clinging to the fact that for most the third (after twins) is easier! I'm so excited for the chance to remember more and, hopefully, not feel so crazy overwhelmed. At least I know a little bit more of what to expect going into things this time. And I'll have a husband who is a lot more involved and helpful. (XH was pretty worthless with the twins. Still is, but that's a whole 'nother rant.) 

8. rrodman

It's pure joy. It's amazing. I can't even explain it, and I don't want to make it seem like I didn't/don't adore my twins. But, it's just a totally different experience. And I bet your older kids are just like mine--they love Ellie. No complaints or difficulties or jealousy ever.

9. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I probably have a week left at least, I've always gone late.  I'm going to a birth center this time so no induction.  I was induced both times before and I refuse to do it again without a medical reason.  Both times before were just "well..  you're so far past your due date...." inductions.   I feel okay though, just that heavy feeling in the belly and hips.  Plus she's really low which makes walking & sitting pretty entertaining.  :D

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Word. After twins I appreciate it more, as well. She is just a walk in the park compared to my twins. They've never had jealousy or anything but supreme love for her, either.

11. miss_bossy18

Add me to the group who thought one after two was amaze-balls! Definitely a different experience entirely. The girls were totally into Emmett until recently - he's now discovered he can actually push their buttons and is quite maniacal about it. :pardon: There are many wonderful lovey dovey sibling moments also (case in point - Danika helped Emmett get to the potty in time tonight and was totally patient with him) that let me know they'll love each other down the line. ;)

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:youcandoit:

Your pregnancy has flown by Gina!  I think the kids will do great with Caleb!

13. gina_leigh

Thanks for the encouraging stories! I think they'll be great with Caleb, honestly, but sometimes I do worry a little about jealously and whatnot. Yesterday they were singing to my belly and Jason felt Caleb kick. He was so excited! I love those little moments. 

Did any of ya'll do gifts for the big siblings from the baby at the hospital? We're thinking of doing that, but I'm just not sure what to get. Reagan is all about her AG doll, so maybe a new outfit for the doll? That leaves something for Jason and he's harder. He's all about his bike and scooter and iTouch. LOL 

14. rrodman

We did not do gifts. They were super excited about the baby.

15. miss_bossy18

We didn't do gifts either. They saw him being born so we figured it might lead to questioning whether the gifts were *actually* from Emmett or not. ;)

16. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No gifts here, either.

17. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gina-I am so excited for you!!! :give_rose:

18. gina_leigh

We did find little buttons at the hospital gift shop yesterday that are blue and say, "I'm a new big sister!" and "I'm a new big brother!" and that just might be the only gifts we do. LOL I don't want to spend a lot of money on gifts and really don't have any great ideas for anyway. 

So, Chris panicked a little last night and created our phone tree for when I go into labor. He's so funny. I felt so bad for my SIL, who is in charge of said phone tree. And then he set up the little diaper basket next to the changing table. Because, ya know, we need diapers in there NOW! 
    I just ate ice cream while he did all that. :D

2 people like this.
  19. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm a little late to this...I'm so thrilled for you Gina! You must be so excited! I'm 25wks and feel like I have a lifetime of waiting. Best of luck and I can't wait to hear your amazing stories. And thanks to everyone who has mentioned how wonderful having a singleton after twins, I'm kind of counting on it!

20. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were only 3 when Cooper arrived, but I did little gifts. I think the new baby brought each of them a coloring book and some M&Ms. I can still remember what my brother brought me when he was born (I was also 3), so that's why I wanted to do it.

FTR, when my brother was born he brought me 2 Care Bear books, one was about having a new baby and the other was about sharing, and a pack of M&Ms. And they put the M&Ms in his little hospital bassinet thingy, so I really thought they were from the baby. :laughing:

21. gina_leigh

Oh, I like the book idea! Might do that.

So the stitch was just taken out and I'm 1cm. I did have period type cramps last night and have started having random contractions but nothing regular.

He's weighing about 5lb13oz and looked perfect on the ultrasound today!

1 person likes this.