Gestational Thrombocytopenia/Early Delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by akuaba, Mar 19, 2008.

1. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    Went in for a NST and bloodwork today and my blood platelet count went down from 125-118 since last Friday.
    I was put on modified bedrest (can get up to go to the bathroom, shower, etc). No more working from home.
    So..that is that.
    I have to do a 24 hour urine sample so they can run some other tests with that.
    A visiting nurse is stopping by on Thursday to take my blood pressure which was okay yesterday but they want to monitor me closely.
    The doctor said that they low platelet count typically rolls in with preeclampsia or HELLP but all my other symptoms (except slightly high blood pressure) don't point to preeclampsia.
    He said if my platelet counts drops below 100 they are delivering the babies.
    The little ones are at 35 weeks tomorrow.
    Please send your good vibes my way and for the babies. I am hoping and praying that all turns out well.
    I see other folks that have delivered their babies at 35 weeks and it seems that the NICU time is short. I hope for that too.
    Take care!!

[​IMG]

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lots of good vibes coming your way!

3. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

I delivered at 35w4d with no NICU time. Just wanted to encourage you!

Hope everything works out well for you!

Becky

4. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

You have really done a great job getting to 35 week. Good luck with your upcoming appointments. I hope you can get atleast 1 more week in.

5. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

So...I am still here and on bedrest! I went into the hospital for the NST and bloodwork. My blood pressure was down and my platelet count went from 118 to 129! I am so happy. Now, I have to say..my body has had it. I am so tired and the stretch marks on my stomach are SO itchy. It's like poison ivy but worse. I don't have ankles anymore and I feel sick most of the time as my digestive track has slowed down to a snail's pace. But...there is more time for the little ones to simmer and get bigger and stronger. That is all that matters. 35 weeks and counting...
    I guess this bedrest thing works. I really do believe that is making a difference.
    I have 3 appts next week. I am going to ask if they still plan to have me deliver via c-section (the little girl twin is breech) on the 21st of April. I don't know if they would rather move it up a bit with all this going on. We shall see!
    Thanks for all your response and take care!