Funny things your kids have said this week...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Mar 7, 2011.

1. irisflower

irisflower Well-Known Member

"Where's my Brain???"

Ok, this needs explaining. A local hospital had freebie stress relief
    balls in the shape of brains (bumps and all) to promote their Stroke Center.
    These are the only things I allow thrown in the house.
    So after a good throw, he lost it.

2. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Jason was putting Cameron to bed tonight. Last time he put Cameron to bed, he had some stubble on his face and Cameron had made mention of it. He likes to feel his daddy's smooth face. So tonight, Jason mentioned he had shaved his face, and Cameron proceeded to feel for any stubble left over. This is what he said:

Cameron: I like you. You're beautiful! You have a little hair on your chin (while feeling his daddy's recently shaved face). You need a small haircut.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At dinner:

Alice <burp>
    me: Did you burp?
    Alice, proudly: Yes.
    me: Say "excuse me".
    Alice: Excuse you.

Then she laughed.

Little turdbucket.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Love it! We have similar conversations at our house.

5. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

He's at it again! This boy cracks me up to pieces almost every day!

I was tucking him in and as usual, we have those serious talks about how proud I am of him and some pleasant comments. He really seems to like them as he'll make nice comments back....usually.

Me: Everyday, I'm more and more proud of you. You are so sweet. You are beautiful!
    Cameron: I don't eat doody
    Me: (chuckling silently) No, you don't eat doody.
    Cameron: It will make you sick
    Me: Yes it would make you sick.
    Cameron: You would throw up!
    Me: I suppose you would throw up and your tummy would hurt a lot. So you would not want to eat doody
    Cameron: You don't eat doody. It goes in the toilet.
    Me: That's right.
    Cameron: Don't touch the doody.
    Me: that would be yucky.
    Cameron: And sticky.
    Me: Yes I suppose it would be.

Then he turned over and shut his eyes. Where did the nice sweet nightly comments go wrong!! Ahhh the beautiful moments we share! :lol:

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Lately Andrew keeps saying that purple is his favorite color. (I love my unconventional boy! :lol: )

So yesterday, when Ivy was picking out clothes, she said, "Mommy, I'm going to wear purple socks today, because I want Andrew to like the way I look!"

Where the heck is she getting this stuff? I am about as far from dressing for other people as you can get! But she does adore her brother and is always trying to do little things to make him happy.

That's another good one, actually - recently he was sick, and she brought him his blanket and Pooh bear and even "read" him a story. :wub:

7. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

...oops I didn't copy and paste the last part of that conversation....

Cameron: You don't eat doody. It goes in the toilet.
    Me: That's right.
    Cameron: Don't touch the doody.
    Me: that would be yucky.
    Cameron: And sticky.
    Me: Yes I suppose it would be.
    Cameron: It happens

Then he turned over and shut his eyes. Where did the nice sweet nightly comments go wrong!! Ahhh the beautiful moments we share! :lol:

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

There was a fly in our house and it was driving me crazy. I tried to use the fly swatter but I could not kill it so I gave up. Ava grabbed the swatter and a little while into it she was getting VERY frustrated and when Travis walked in she was in tears and cried to him " daddy!! This stupid fly won't stay still while I am trying to kill it!"

1 person likes this.
  9. Leighann

We had a playdate this weekend with their little friend E whose Nana lives around the corner from us. In the car after the playdate they asked (I don't remember who asked first or who said what- they were talking over each other, and I was trying not to laugh): "Why does E's Nana have such wrinkly skin? She is VERY old! Much older than our grandma!!! Mommy is she so old she will die soon?!" OMG! :escape:

Thankfully they didn't say this to E's Nana, who BTW isn't THAT old. And I used it as an opportunity to talk about how it isn't polite to say things about wrinkly skin or people being so old they are about to die.

10. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

We offer cookies as a reward for making a poopy in the toilet. We often tell Cameron that if he makes a doody in the toilet, he'll get a cookie. So today, we got insight to what he actually hears.

Cameron says as he sees us give Kiefer a cookie for successfully pooping in the toilet during bath time, "If you want a cookie, you need to make a doody, so if you want a cookie, let me know."

Earlier today, I was putting Cameron in for a nap. He loves the song Frère Jacques. I usually sing the French version first then the English and he'll sing along with me. When I was singing the English part, Cameron starting singing almost proudly, "I have no penis, I have no penis." Where on earth does he come up with this stuff???? :rotflmbo:

1 person likes this.
  11. fuchsiagroan

We had a children's book out from the library that had the line, "she had opinions of her own." One day Ivy sat "reading" it, and very calmly said, "she had a penis of her own..."

2 people like this.
  12. Heathermomof5

My OB asked Ava how she was doing today. Ava responded " I would rather be in New York City" LOL!!!!!

Both of my girls have been really freaked out by all of the naked men we have seen mowing grass lately LOL. The first time they said hey mom why is that man mowing grass naked, I had to turn around and go back to check it out for myself LOL!! Now we know they say that about all shirtless men - they are naked LOL

2 people like this.
  13. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

When I worked at a daycare we saw a man w/no shirt walking down the sidewalk one day and one of the little girls said "Look! A naked man!" Lol, I just knew she was going to go home and tell her parents we saw a naked man at daycare!

1 person likes this.
  14. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Tonight Cameron was at it again with his chatty self while getting tucked in. By the way, Cameron says "thems" instead of "them". I thought that was cute.

Cameron: You have two eyes.
    Me: Yes, I have two of them.
    Cameron: You do not have three of thems, you only have two. You have one nose.
    Me: Yes. One nose
    Cameron: You do not have three of thems, you only have one.
    Me: I hope so! How many ears do I have?
    Cameron: Two ears. You have three teeth.
    Me: I hope not! I should have all of them!
    Cameron: You have three teeth and some other teeth.
    Me: OK. That's better. I'll take that.

2 people like this.
  15. becasquared

We were eating rice and beans for dinner the other day and we started being silly.

me: Want some more rice Roycie?
    Mike: Want some more Royce ricie?
    Royce: giggles
    me: Noooo, Ricie wants more Roycie!
    Mikey: Yes, Royce wants more Ricie!

This went on for about two or three minutes and the whole time, Royce is laughing harder and harder, but Alice is being quiet. So I finally ask Alice seriously: "Are you done, do you want some more rice Alice?"

Alice, completely deadpan: "No, I want some more Roycie." Then she started laughing hysterically. She totally waited for the perfect time to pull out her punchline and Mike, Royce, and I all started laughing at her.

16. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

a few weeks ago Abby was running to the bathroom and Ian started to follow her - when I asked where he was going this was is answer (verbatim) "I'm going to the bathroom with Abby. Now that we're 5 I need to teach her how to pee standing up!" While trying to stifle a laugh I tried to re-direct him and told him that Abby can't stand up to pee..."but why mommy we're 5, she needs to learn"

apparently girls need to learn to pee standing up when they're 5!!! :rofl:

1 person likes this.
  17. fuchsiagroan

You have a future comic genius on your hands! :lol:

18. fuchsiagroan

Oh, here's another standing-pee one:

The other night Andrew went to the bathroom and stood at the toilet saying "One, two, three, PEE!" and peeing just a little and saying "One, two, three, PEE!" and peeing a little more... On and on and on.

Guess I should be happy he has such good bladder control! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  19. Heathermomof5

We are watching tv and just saw a commercial for a local grocery store. In the commercial a man talking to a woman and a little girl calls the woman mom. Addison says totally amazed. HEY Mom!!!! That big tall girl has your same name!!! Her name is MOM!!!!! LOL!!!!

It is so cool to know that at least one other person shares my name LOL!!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Last night when tucking in the boys, they said some funny things to us.

Here's Jason's moment with Kiefer:

J: Humpty Dumpty sat on a ....
    K: WALL!
    J: Humpty Dumpty had a great ...
    K: DAY!

Here's my moment with Cameron:

C: I don't like thunder. It scares me.
    Me: There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just a cloud fart
    C: The cloud needs to say "Excuse me!"

1 person likes this.
  21. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Sorry for the double post, but another funny came out of Cameron this morning I had to share.

It was the boys' birthday yesterday, so I decided to have a conversation about that with them.

Me: It was your birthday yesterday, Boys. How old are you now?
    Both: Three!
    Me: Wow! You are growing up to be such big boys!
    Cameron: Now I can learn to drive (as he pretends to drive a steering wheel in the air).

:rotflmbo: :wub:

22. Leighann

We have been talking a lot about weddings lately because at the end of July the girls are going to be flower girls in my niece's wedding. The other night Ana announced that when she grows up she is going to marry Meara!! When Dh asked Meara who she will marry, she looked thoughtful and said "I don't know yet. Maybe a boy." Ana got angry and said "NO YOU WILL MARRY ME!"

2 people like this.
  23. becasquared

:lol:

Again, incest is best!!

24. fuchsiagroan

LOL! Ivy says she's going to marry Grandma when she grows up. :D

25. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

I can't even remember all of the funny things that they say lately - but the one that sticks out and the reason we taught ds to say penis instead of peanut (something his grandmother started for some reason) is when my son was on a kick of asking what everything eats. He said mommy, what do elephants eat and I just didn't even think and said peanuts. He got wide-eyed, and confused looking and then said mommy, I don't want elephant to eat my peanut!!!

26. Heathermomof5

27. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tonight, my DS was sitting on the potty and he said to DH, "I love you so much! Now, go away!" :laughing:

3 people like this.
  28. fuchsiagroan

Obviously he is channelling my innermost thoughts! :hush: :lol:

29. kingeomer

It's funny how can he say that to us freely, but we can only think it back to him. This is the same kid who wants to keep you company when you are doing your business in the bathroom or taking a shower. Little hypocrite :laughing:

30. Heathermomof5

A&A's best little friend Gabbi is having a birthday party next Thursday at a water park. They have been SO excited and want to wear their bathing suits EVERYDAY just in case today is the day LOL!! We have had many conversations about parties lately!! Well today we went to Target to buy a gift for Gabbi. When we were ready to check out, they handed the gift and the gift bag to the cashier and explained The party plans to the girl - this cashier was super nice and talked to them about parties and things you do at parties, and Addison amazed that this cashier knew. About things people do at parties said " are you going to go to Gabbi' s party too!!"

31. becasquared

Alice just said, "My new name is Taint!" :escape:

4 people like this.
  32. kingeomer

:rofl:

DS said to DH tonight: "Daddy, I am going to stand and pee on you." Sadly DH replied, "It would be a start, son." We've been having a hard time to get DS to want to stand and pee on the potty. Poor DH!

2 people like this.
  33. Leighann

Over the weekend we were having a water fight in the backyard. After we were all pretty soaked, but I was the one who really got it. Ana looks at me and says "doozer bruiser newser.... LOSER!" I have no idea where she got that, but dh and I have been calling each other loser ever since :laughing:

1 person likes this.
  34. fuchsiagroan

Andrew: "Vaginas are sharp. They can pinch me."

Kiddo, I think your feelings about that will probably change when you're older... :laughing:

2 people like this.
  35. Heathermomof5

Hey mom can we go to that place we went to YESTERMORROW?