Funny things your kids have said this week...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Mar 7, 2011.

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

On the "awwwwww" side, yesterday was my husband's birthday. I told the kids in the car on the way home from daycare and they immediately decided that we needed to have a party.

A: Daddy's birthday? Are we having cake for dinner?"
    me: No, but I bought cupcakes.
    A&R: screams of delight

I shook my head, great, giving them sugar tonight. . .

R: Are we having a party?
    A: Daddy's birthday party!!
    R: MY DADDY'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!
    A: No, MY DADDY'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!!

me: /sighs, pulls into Walgreens

A: Are we getting cake?
    R: Is this where the party is?
    me: We need to get Daddy some cards and some candles.
    A&R: YAAAAYYYYYYY!!

The whole time inside, "birthday party" "birthday party" "cake" "CUPcakes". I let them pick out a card each (which they later signed) and some noise makers and some candles. Of course, they told everyone in Walgreens about Daddy's birthday and cupcakes. Get home, they want to sign their cards (which they did and did pretty well).

R: "I want to write my name. I need a marker."
    A: "No Roycie, we can't use markers anymore."
    me: "That's right, remember, I had to throw your markers away? Do you remember where they were?"
    A: The couch!
    R: My butt.

A few minutes later, I put the candles on the cupcakes, they have letters, so Alice says, "'A', where's 'L'? 'I', where's the 'C', and "E'! Those cupcakes are mine!! Can I eat them?"

Then they sat at the door until Daddy came home, then the minute he started walking up the stairs, they started screaming and running in circles, he opened the door, they said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!" Then Alice said, "I want a cupcake!!"

ETA: So they had their cupcakes. Alice ate only the icing, Roycie didn't want it at all and whined, "I don't like my cupcake."

2. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Unlike you gals, we are hitting Autum and the result is lots of stuffy noses.
    One of the older twin girls's class mates had some menthol rub on his body and them having smelt it, asked the teacher what it was for. She told them it was to keep the germs away!
    So they get home and when bath time for the babies comes around, i rub some camphor rub on them too as they have stuffy noses.
    Victoria - Mummy, you need to go bath
    Me - totally perplexed, Why must I go bath
    Victoria - You smell like germs!!

I so love it when they get the stories a bit mixed up!!!

and I love reading all the stories on here. Just to cute

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

This one is not funny but it was sweet
    My dad passed away back in Jan. He had lived with us since the girls were 6 weeks old and before that we were at his house from 8 am to at least 5pm every day so they had been around him all of their lives and the loss was devastating to them (and to all of us). They have been asking a lot of questions lately. They do not quite understand that he will never come back home.

Today ds's orthodontist appointment, we were looking through a magazine and we came across an ad that had the scene of a beautiful tropical island with a sailboat. Addison told me that was Grum grum's heaven and that was the boat he would use to come home. Oh my goodness I almost lost it in the waiting room!

Funny thing is, that would have been dad's heaven

3 people like this.
  4. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

In front of a Victoria's Secret ad in the mall:

Ethan: that mommy wearing her bra?
    me: (smiling) yep!
    Ethan (looking puzzled for a minute): mommy wearing her bra?
    me: yes under my shirt
    Ethan: take shirt off?
    me: not in public, only at home
    Ethan (more confused looks at the VS ad): that mommy wearing her bra

:laughing: he'll get it when he's older!

And Abby can add to the poopology. We're in the part of potty training where every single success is The.Most.Exciting.Thing.Ever

at Sportsman's warehouse.

Abby (bursting out of the bathroom, shouting to the whole entire store, specifically the unsuspecting checkout boy): I DID THE LITTLE POOPY! I DID THE LITTLE POOPY IN THE BIG POTTY! I DID IT! I DID IT!

Would you believe that she never needed any potty rewards ;) The intrinsic value is MORE than enough for this little girl.

1 person likes this.
  5. carthur613

carthur613 Well-Known Member

We have all been anticipating warmer weather, so when my son (3) was running around out back without a jacket, I noticed it was a bit chilly. ME: "Ryan, come get your jacket on it's getting chilly out here, your ears are turning red" RYAN: Ears don't wear jackets mom!

Guess he told me! LOL

6. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

DS told me tonight while putting him to bed, "Momma, I'm a big boy now because I have stinky breath!".

I just love this age!

7. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

I was eating supper tonight and one of the twins was watching me. After a while she said "does the food bonk the baby in your tummy"? I said no the baby is protected and then I had to turn away to chuckle. It is funny how their little minds work.

1 person likes this.
  8. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

From yesterday.

Eli is laying on me and he's says, "Mommy I can't smell you very well." He keeps getting his words turned around, so I knew he meant, you don't smell very well.

I said, where do I stink. He points to my armpits and says, "You stink. You smell like Daddy." :laughing:

I'm laughing and playing with the other two, when he leaves, and about 3 minutes later he comes back with a stick of deodorant, and says, "Mommy you need this." :rotflmbo:

4 people like this.
  9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

On our way out to dinner last night I told Ana to put on her coat. She stood up and said "Aye aye captain!" and saluted me :D I asked her where she learned that and she said from the toy soldiers on Toy Story!

At lunch yesterday Meara asked if I wanted a taste of her sandwich. When I said no thanks she replied "Suit yourself." Where do they come up with this stuff?!:laughing:

10. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Ivy, my big talker who keeps a running monologue going ALL. DAY. LONG was inventing lots of crazy "facts" about "earth butterflies" and "earth fireflies." I told her, "Wow, you have so many interesting ideas in your head!"

Ivy (miffed): "They are NOT in my head!"

Me: "Oh? Where do your ideas come from then?"

Ivy (cheerful): "From my mouth!"

Truer words never spoken, kiddo... :laughing:

1 person likes this.
  11. Heathermomof5

Ava just asked me if I was in love with her daddy. I said yes. She said NO!! You can't be in love with daddy. I asked why she said because it is just not normal!!

12. becasquared

Alice came running up the stairs last night, "Mommy, are you married?"

me: "Yes, are you married?"

A: "Yes!"

me: "Who are you married to?"

A: "Roycie!"

me: "Roycie?"

A: "We share a bedroom!"

Great, incest is best!! :lol:

4 people like this.
  13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

mine have saluted me a few times as well! - and the sass is starting as well!! I gave Ian a cupcake the other day and put a few sprinkles on it - I said "here you go ok?" to which he replied "well if thats the best you can do"!!!

14. Heathermomof5

Last night Addison told me that my hair smelled " belicious" I told her thank you and asked her what it smelled like she said PINECONES LOL!!! I was expecting strawberries or something nice!!

1 person likes this.
  15. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

The boys don't always do as I ask during their bath, so I usually have to clean all their parts (they will be 3 in June, so I suppose that's normal). Kiefer does not like me cleaning his privates. Cameron couldn't care less as long as he can continue to play whatever he is playing with in the bathtub. So, tonight as usual, I quickly give a swipe of soapy water on Kiefer's privates and he said to me with a serious face...

K: Don't touch my penis! Touch your penis!
    Me: I don't have a penis
    K: Yes you do! That penis! (as he points closer to my privates)

I couldn't help but laugh even though he was being serious. I did however tell him that until he learns to clean himself, that's what I need to do. So I gave him a little soap, told him to wipe his hands around, which he did. Then I told him to wipe his penis really well. He did! He was giggling quite a bit too. Ahhh boys! It's not that he has never played with it before, but it's was almost like a revelation to him that cleaning it can be just as pleasurable!

2 people like this.
  16. fuchsiagroan

Ahh, corrupting the young! :girl_devil: :laughing:

17. becasquared

Roycie has taken to being a one man band. He marches around the house and goes:

boom, boom, boom, boom, shhhhhhhhs!
    toodleleedoo toodleleeedooo
    boom, boom, bum, bum, shhhhhhhhhs!

And he keeps really good time! My old music playing self is so proud!

18. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

I love this thread and return to it for laughs. Now I want to add my own little funny story . Whole driving through the bank teller machine I explained to my 4 year old twins that I was sending my banking card through the Carrier over to "that msn who is the teller," when Matthew chimed in,"teller?". "What does he talk about?". I laughed so hard at how his mind was working.

19. Heathermomof5

Another one by Miss Ava. It smells like butt in here! Where did she learn that??? Smells like butt??!! LOL!

2 people like this.
  20. becasquared

Ummm she would have learned that from us. Last night we were having naked time, and they were dancing and making their butt cracks talk. Like pulling it apart when they said a word. :rolleyes: I finally could not control myself from laughing.

5 people like this.
  21. Heathermomof5

LOL!!!!! That is great!!

22. brlowe

brlowe Well-Known Member

DH was wearing a tank top last night when we were putting the girls to bed. Izzy noticed his underarm hair for the first time.

Izzy: Daddy, what's that? (pointing to the hair)
    DH: Its hair. Touch it.
    Izzy: No daddy. I not touch it.
    DH: Why?
    Izzy: Cause it smells like stinks.

:laughing:

2 people like this.
  23. becasquared

Ahhhh, they have named every toy.

Yellow yellow puppy = yellow puppy stuffed animal
    blue blue bunny = blue plastic bunny sand toy
    Lillow (yellow) = yellow monster doll
    brownie brownie bunny = brown bunny doll
    blackie whitie penguin = black and white penguin doll
    brownie brownie bear = GREEN bear?!! I don't know why.

24. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

Laney (2.5 years) is starting to use the potty.
    Laney: "I have poopoo in my tummy"
    Me: "OK, let's go to the potty"
    Laney: "Poopoo goes around and around my belly button and come out my tushie!"
    :lol:

25. fuchsiagroan

Andrew (in a very dramatic, confidential voice): Mommy, I have to tell you something. (dramatic pause) Mommy...ducks say quack!"

Also, Ivy has an interesting "conversation" with my mom on her toy phone recently. "HI, GRANDMA! ...[pause, as if listening]... Oh, your butt?"

WHAT ON EARTH did she imagine Grandma said to her??? :crazy:

26. Heathermomof5

A piece of our well sticks up out of the ground right beside our driveway. We put one of those reflectors on a stick beside it so that people ( namely me LOL!) would see it as they backed out of the driveway. Addison just came running in with the reflector so excited - she thought she had found a magic wand LOL!!!! I wish!!!

27. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: I thought you were going to say a lollipop.

That reminds me of what Eli said to me a few days ago. I bought them some lollipops to use as my bribery :spiteful: .

We get in the car, and I give both boys a sucker, and Eli starts whining. "Mommy, Baby Lena is trying to grab my lollipop." So I said, "Baby Lena you're too little for a lollipop." And Eli chimes in, "Lena you need to eat a boobie pop."

28. Heathermomof5

My boys just came in from being in the woods looking for Morel mushrooms, Tad came in with a bag of them. Ava told her daddy that he should not let the boys go into the woods and find those crazy poconuts!!

1 person likes this.
  29. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

These are soo funny!! love it!

Someone asked my girls if they were twins..
    Kylie's response -"I not twin! I Trent!" (her brother's name) :laughing:

30. becasquared

We moved into a place that has a set of wooden steps leading to the basement and a carpeted set leading to the second floor. The kids have dubbed them the "fuzzy steps" and the "ice steps." Only I found out that it wasn't "ice" but "eyes" and they're calling the knots in the wood steps, "eyes." So it's the "eyes steps" and the "fuzzy steps". And knowing that it's not ice but eyes really kind of oogs me out!

1 person likes this.
  31. Heathermomof5

Lol! You may not want to wear a dress!

3 people like this.
  32. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

This evening B came up to me and said: "Mommy, I don't like Bubbie's stinky breath."
    Me: "B it's not nice to say someone has stinky breath. Just ask him not to breathe on you."
    I then walked into the living room where C was and he says all proud: "Mommy, I have stinky breath!"
    Me: "You do have stinky breath?"
    C: "Yes"
    Me: "Well, why don't you go brush your teeth?"
    C: "Nah"

No offending him! :laughing:

33. Heathermomof5

LOL!!!! True boy!!!!

34. Heathermomof5

Ava is sitting here eating some of her daddy's praline pecans (I think they are from Christmas if you want to know the truth! I had no idea we had any left) I asked her what she was eating and she said " peanuts, you know daddy's peanuts that have rocks in them" Oh my goodness this girl cracks me up!!! I bet they are hard as rocks!!! Yuk!!

Edited thanks to auto correct lol!

35. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

There are so many things Christopher has been saying lately I can't remember them all...but this week after a huge diaper blowout at the zoo he says: 'Mommy, I'm funny in my pants!' Oy!