Funny things they say, share yours!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Apr 28, 2009.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Ever since they learned their letter sounds, T&T have been playing the "starts with" game. Trent starts with "T"! (and on and on and on) Well, yesterday at naptime, Trevor loudly declared that garbanzo starts with "G" and then jumped into his bed. I about peed myself laughing because it was such a random thing to say and so out of nowhere.

Please share, I need the laughs today (they're both sick and so am I...)

2. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

The other day, DH was helping Cole wipe and quickly pulled up his underware and pants. In in his haste, didn't pull them up all the way and snapped his peep in the underware's waistband. Cole came downstairs with his sad face on and said to me "Daddy just hurt my pee-pee and it makes me really sad." DH laughed for like 30 minutes in that "I hope he never tells anyone that story because it sounds so wrong" way.

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Abby told me today "I wanna go play outside at grandma's and I'm not afraid the bumblebee will fly up my nose cuz I'd be sad"...just the visual of a bumblebee (you know one of the HUGE bomber ones) trying to fly up her nose (her nostrils are smaller than my pinky finger) just cracked me right up!

4. RachelJoy

RachelJoy Well-Known Member

Elliot: "Daddy's zizi is my zizi's daddy". You can probably guess what zizi is the word for.

Rachel

5. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Something strange the boys have been saying for about 6 months now. I have no idea where they came up with it or what it really means, but it sure cracks them up! They grab DHs cheeks and get right up in his grill and say, "LISTEN TO YOUR FACE!"

They are also on a letter sounds/ words-start-with kick. When we put up the crib side for naps/bed now we always make the 'G' sound. Every time they look at me like I'm some kind of IDIOT and say in a disgusted tone, "You don't have any weights in your hand." What was I thinking? Then they ask/demand it the next time. :huh:

They have pretty much the whole set of characters from Disney's Cars movie and love re-enacting scenes from the movie. Recently Chick Hicks has been spending most days in the time out spot I use for the boys. I didn't put two and two together at first and kept bringing him back to the play room. The boys got upset with me and notified me, "He not being nice again. He stays on T.O. until I talk to him." I chuckle every time I walk down the hall and see him banished. After a while the boys go down the hall and give Chick 'the talk' (mimicing the routine of questions I put them through before releasing them from time out). It's pretty funny to hear them interrogating a toy:
    Why did I put you on time out?
    Are we allowed to do that?
    What's going to happen if you do that again?
    What are you going to do to make it right?

6. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Today, the boys started yelling "ENOUGH" at each other after naptime. I don't know why, but I do know where it came from. :blush:

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine, having older siblings, are picking up a lot of things I would rather not hear from a 2 year old. Nothing horrible but not exactly polite & it's hard not to laugh which then just encourages them to say it again. I'm getting a lot of "Fine!" said with attitude when I ask them to do something. You know, like "get back in your chair Luke" "Fine!" Also, Lila has started saying "Oh my gosh, what the heck is that?" :lol: Not exactly 2 year old speak!

8. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

"Am I being irritatin'?"
    "Ainsley/Bea is changing my mind!"
    "Ainsley/Bea is talking when I want to talk!"
    'There's a friend/princess/fairy/grown-up that we don't know." (you have to hear it, their intonation is so funny)
    "Can I be full now?"

9. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

You know how most people say "I don't like (something)"? Well Patrick always says "I can't like it" or "I can't like (something)" :lol: It makes me :lol: because it says so much about how UNMOVABLE he truly is! :rofl:

10. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(4lilmonkeys @ Apr 28 2009, 04:49 PM) [snapback]1292204[/snapback]
    Today, the boys started yelling "ENOUGH" at each other after naptime. I don't know why, but I do know where it came from. :blush:

Yeah...we get "ENOUGH!" here too! :blush: Oh, and I apparently yell to DH often also. The girls have taken to yelling over the gate "TIM! TIM!!"

And this was our conversation at bath tonight:

Ellie: (pointing to her chest) Tim. Me Tim
    Me: No honey, Daddy's Tim. You're Gabrielle.
    Ellie: Oh, Daddy's Tim. Mommy...Mommy's...Mommy! {big grin} And sister Se-warwa!

It was cute :wub:

11. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

SIL: You can have this piece of watermelon, you just have to tell me I am the best auntie in the world.
    Lucas: Laughing
    Me: You just have to say your the best
    Lucas: I'm the best

Oh my goodness, this was hysterical coming out of a 4 year olds mouth. He was absolutely not going to give in to the bribe and found a way around it. Children rock!

12. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

"Mommy please fix the problem!" This could be a sticker that is folded over, a toy stuck somewhere, something they can't reach... I have no idea where they got that phrase.

"Mommy I talkin to you Mommy!" Ok yes you are talking to me!

"Daddy is a Kevin." Yep daddy's name is Kevin.

"Mommy is a mommy." Correct again. They do know mommy's name though, you just have to ask the right question.

"Bye Bye Mommy! I going to Fra-cago!" This after several trip to family in Fargo and one trip to Chicago. Whenever they are pretending to go somewhere its Fra-cago!

13. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two repeat things that their big sister says. So we hear a lot of "fine" and "whatever". Actually the first time Emile said "whatever" to DH I just busted out laughing. :lol:

14. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jessy told Jazzy the other day to watch out for Dragons and cops :silly: obviously we watch too many fantasy cop shows

15. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

I asked them what they did at the park. Ivy: "See DEER at park!" (Not a chance, btw.) Me: "Yeah? What color were they?" Andrew: "BLUE!" Well, at least they both hallucinated!

And the utterly random and weird award of the month goes to Ivy for announcing, out of the blue, "Andrew is a baby calf!" followed by "Water is a baby calf!"

16. thea7

thea7 Well-Known Member

My DS, who is 3 years, has been wanting to drive DH's car. I told him he needed to have a license in order to drive a car, and I asked him, "Do you have a driver's license?" He said "Yes" and pulls up his shirt and shows me his belly button. He kept insisting that his belly button was his driver's license. I don't know where that came from.

thea

17. debid

debid Well-Known Member

QUOTE(thea7 @ Apr 29 2009, 09:58 PM) [snapback]1294489[/snapback]
    My DS, who is 3 years, has been wanting to drive DH's car. I told him he needed to have a license in order to drive a car, and I asked him, "Do you have a driver's license?" He said "Yes" and pulls up his shirt and shows me his belly button. He kept insisting that his belly button was his driver's license. I don't know where that came from.

thea

Oh, I can explain that one... cop pulls you over, asks for license and registration and you have a college flashback and lift your shirt to get out of the ticket... child forever thinks lifting shirt = license and registration. :rotflmbo: (totally joking here!)

18. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

When Lily wants to me to pick her up she will start by standing below me and pleading "up mommy up mommy". If I tell her that I am busy and I will pick her up when I am done she will say "boo boo". If I continue to ask her to wait she looks me right in the eye and says "MY BOO BOO HURTS NOW!". She has no boo boo but has decided this will definitly work and usually it does:).

19. koozie

koozie Well-Known Member

"Mommy hold you" (i.e. Mommy hold "me")
    "are you frustayded?" (after Annika spilled her milk for the 100th time)
    "daddy, pick you up!" (again should be "me")
    "no fank you!"
    "here you go Mommy fank you!" (all one sentence; he hands me somethign than thanks ME for doing so. :)

20. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Addison will say "Mommy yous ok? I'm ok yous ok?"

if you ask her if she is a sweet girl she will say "No I just Addison!"

my oldest son puts them in their push around car and speeds them through the house telling everyone that they are James Bond so now Addison somtimes if you ask her to tell you her name she will say "James Bom"

Addison also sings the alphabet but whe she gets to LMNOP she swishes her tongue back and forth and says P!

the refrigerator is the frifrazior

Instead of will you hold me Ava says "Hold you"

Daddy is working in another state so he only comes home every now and then but the girls always go with me to pick him up at the "airplane" every airplane we see is "daddy's airplane" and they can spot an airplane anywhere!

Ava just talks all the time and you never ever know what she may say! but that sweet little voice makes it all adorable!

"excuse me you tooted" instead of I tooted!

"I got a boo boo on right there" while pointing to a tiny scratch on her wrist!

I LOVE this age!!

21. steph-andy

steph-andy Well-Known Member

The girls are completely pee-pee trained, but absolutely refuse to go anywhere near the toilet for poop. So, as you can imagine, lately everything imaginable has been promised as a reward for pooping on the toilet. Well, a couple of weeks ago Lindsey was chasing Allison around the kitchen island repeatedly saying, "Give it to me Allison!" After finally getting irritated by all of the commotion, I told Lindsey to stop chasing her and just ask nicely if she could play with the toy now. She stopped and said, "Allison...can I have it PLEEEAAASE!" Allison turned around and very matter-of-factly said, "If you go poo-poo on the toilet!" Ah, but they are listening!