Funny things DH's do while alone with the twins

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MrsBirch, Mar 8, 2011.

1. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

So on Sunday afternoon I was out and DH had to feed our 11 m/o's by himself. This isn't the first time he's had to do this, before I left he said he would feed them one at a time. I left the bouncy seats out incase he wanted to feed them at the same time. I'll also add they do not hold their own bottles yet.

He changed his mind, fed them at the same time - and used a pile of diapers to prop up the bottles. DIAPERS!!! What??

He was pretty proud of himself, but it got me thinking, what other things have DH's done that at first you were like :woah: but then :rotflmbo:

PS - If I had any technical skills I would attach a picture.

2. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Ok I have to admit I've used diapers to prop up a diaper. It was in a pinch and isn't something I do regularly but I've done it.

3. Cjoy

Cjoy Well-Known Member

Funny! I stepped out today (rare occasion) and DH called me, "where is the baby food"? It didn't occur to me that when he feeds them, I make the food and hand it to him...he wasn't sure where to find it. When he found it, he also found some kids snacks that were unopened...so he gave them sweet potatoes, applewheel snacks, arrowroot cookies and bananas. I came home and he said, "well, how did I do?". I said "fine, they should be set for a few days"...now I get to clean up the highchairs, bibs, cups, spoon, and whatever the dog missed on the floor.

4. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

DH had the boys by himself when they were about 2.5 months old and decided to do a photo shoot with his golf clubs.
    Babies and golf clubs

I'm in trouble- those are very happy smiles looking at the golf club

5. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHA! This is so my DH.

6. annahs

annahs Well-Known Member

:)

I came home once to find both kids in their car seats with a string tied to each handle and my husband on the couch holding the other end of the string and idly pulling to rock the kids while he surfed the internet. The next time they were alone I came home to find the "improved" version, the loose end of the string had been tied off a few feet away and a wrench was tied in the middle. Now he could just get the wrench swinging and the seat rocked until the "pendulum" lost all its momentum.

7. christinam

Just curious...do you have swings? My DH would still do something like this even if we had swings because he woudln't have thought it through. lol

8. annahs

annahs Well-Known Member

Haha, no we don't have swings and I have to admit this worked pretty well, I've used it myself to calm one while busy with the other.

9. MrsBirch

MrsBirch Well-Known Member

I told DH about the string/wrench and he said he wished he had thought of it!!

10. christinam

I have to say the wrench thing is pretty smart. lol

11. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

funny thread! this isn't really while dh is alone w/kids... but during the first month or so the babies were in our bedroom and he'd get them up during the night and diaper them and give them to me to nurse. when he would change their diapers he would strap a "head lamp" on his head to change their diapers so that he didn't have to turn on the overhead light so he wouldn't wake up too much... anything to make diaper changing more manly!

12. jenm978

jenm978 Active Member

Oh my gosh, a wrench and a headlamp! I'm laughing out loud over here!!! That sounds like something my DH would do.

My DH hasn't really done anything like that. When I come home from being out he usually just sighs and I can tell by the look on his face he's not cut out for being a stay at home dad! It makes me feel pretty good because I feel very little stress on most days being home with 14 week old twins and a 3 year old.

13. sdmommy

sdmommy Well-Known Member

OMG! I almost fell out of my chair because I was laughing so hard!!!!

My hubby places the two jumperoos right beside him while he plays X-box. So imagine this dork with headphones on, both hands on the control, talking on the microphone while directing "soldiers" to ambush a city in the Middle East. He alternates between shouting orders and babytalking...

He works during the evening and I work during the morning. And the most hilarious part is that when I get home to find this unfold, he says "So glad you're home, these kids were off their rockers today!" :woah:

14. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My dh's reaction to me asking him to keep both girls when they were infants = :escape: LOL!!

when my older boys were little - almost 1, 3,and 5- I went with my aunt to the beach for 3 days. Dh kept the boys - we did not have any hamburger meat in the house but he decided to make a HUGE pot of spaghetti (enough to last the whole time I was gone) so instead of going to the store - he put chopped up hot dogs in the spaghetti. YUK!!!