Fungus?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by w101ttd, Aug 7, 2014.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Hi ladies!
    How are you? Hope everything is going well for you all. Everything is going well for us. But we have a small problem lol.

So this summer, we have been very busy with swimming, biking, running, hiking in the woods, day camp,... And today I just realized they have some white spots all over their faces. Michelle got a lot of those. It Is easier to be seen under sun light. They don't complain anything at all, no itch nothing. We just went canoeing for 13 miles. They exposed to direct sun light for at least 6 hours straight. But those spots didn't get tanned!? I don't know what they are. Fungus!!?? I will call their pedi tomorrow. But wonder if you have ever experienced it? And is it easy to get rid of it?

Thank you so much!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh no!  I have no experience with this.  Will you keep us posted as to what the doctor says?  I hope it clears up quickly!

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wonder if it could be a reaction to the sunblock?
    What did the dr say?

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

So I have a good and bad news. Good news is it's not a fungus. Bad news is it is kinda loss of pigment in the skin. And it's unlikely that pigment will come back . But it's very hard to notice since she is white. I guess we have been out under the sun so much this summer, and it got worse :(. Thanks ladies!