Fundal Height

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrissy2010, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

I know with multiples the fundal height really doesnt mean to much. But how many weeks ahead are you measuring?? I am 8 weeks ahead!!!!!!!!!! Is that because this is my 3rd pregnancy?
    Im actually starting to get scared about how big Im gonna get!! At some point my uterus has to stop growing!! LOL Im almost 15 weeks and I look about 6 months pregnant. I feel big already I just can't imagine how its going to be in a couple months!

2. citizenpelikan

citizenpelikan Well-Known Member

At my last appointment I was 24 weeks along but measured 3-4 weeks ahead. This is also my 3rd pregnancy. I'm probably measuring more ahead now at 28 weeks. I'll know next week.

3. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

I went to the doctor this past wednesday which I WAS at 30 weeks exactly and I was measuring at 37 weeks! So its ok! MY doctor said it was fine! You just have to remember you have two babies in your belly. I have two 3 pounders in my belly so total of 6 pound baby if I were having a singleton which would be measuring further along than 30 weeks. So that is why it measures bigger! But I think its totally normal and most Twin or multiple pregnancy measure higher than they actually are! No worries! Good luck!

4. citizenpelikan

I read somewhere it's normal to measure up to 10 weeks ahead.

5. MyMayBabies

MyMayBabies Well-Known Member

At 19w, I measured 27, and at 23w, I measured 32.

It should be interesting to see how big all of us get :D

6. heathlenore

heathlenore Well-Known Member

At 27 weeks I was measuring 36 weeks so I'm curious how big I'll be next week at my 29 week appt!!

7. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

I am 31 weeks, measuring 38. It's totally normal with twins. Although I have no idea what I'm going to wear when I grow out of men's XL t-shirts in a couple of weeks! :unsure:

8. hsddc

hsddc Well-Known Member

30 weeks....measuring at 39. Yowza.

I asked my Dr. how big could it possibly get? (bad question, right?). He said he once had a patient get to 51". Holy. Cow.

9. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Totally normal:) I always measured 8-9wks ahead. At my last appt before having the boys I was 33wks and measured 42!! I kept joking to everyone that I was 2 weeks overdue!

10. MyMayBabies

MyMayBabies Well-Known Member

lol, I'm wearing mens xl tee shirts too. I get mine from Target, I think they go up to a 2x! I like them because they are nice & long, covering up the panel on my maternity jeans.

11. XpectingTwins222

XpectingTwins222 Well-Known Member

It is completely normal to measure ahead. My doctor told me twin mommies should measure least 4 weeks ahead. I've gotten off lucky not knowing for a while...I don't think she has measured me in almost a month.. maybe she figures I am clearly big enough. lol

12. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

At my last appointment I was 23w4d and I was measuring 31 weeks. So about 7 weeks ahead. I actually had a big growth spurt from the 2 weeks before that and she was shocked! :)

13. Aimless

Aimless Member

when i delivered at 38 weeks, i was measuring 58 weeks!
    It is not as bad as it sounds!

14. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

I'm measuring 10 weeks ahead.

15. sigkap13

sigkap13 Active Member

At my 29 week appointment I measured 46. I think she gets a kick out of seeing what the measurement is. :FIFblush:

16. confettiangel

confettiangel Member

Today at 35wks I measured 49cm.

I had to ask my OB to measure me though (he said it usually scares people - I said it helped explain how enormous I feel lol).

17. leiadawn

leiadawn Member

I'm measuring 5 weeks ahead. The OB seems to get a kick out of measuring me. He always says "Wow" as he measures me. Thanks, Doc. That makes me feel big. :) But then he pointed out that's what he'd expect a full term twim mom to measure. So I should think about taking it easy.

18. XpectingTwins222

XpectingTwins222 Well-Known Member

I am 31 weeks measuring 35 weeks so I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead. The last time they measured me was at 27 weeks and I was measuring 33!! I think everyone just gains at different times.

19. citizenpelikan

Updating with my 28 week appointment and measurements. I'm measuring 30 cm so 2 weeks ahead.

20. tracilynn

tracilynn Well-Known Member

8 weeks ahead here too, also my 3rd pregnancy. 24 weeks measuring 32 weeks. I measured ahead with my last singleton preg too usually 4to6 weeks ahead. I just get big I guess. <_<