~~~Forum Of The Week!~~~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Jun 1, 2008.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=18pt]Breastfeeding Forum

Every week we will be showcasing a different forum that is part of Twinstuff. We want our expecting moms to know all the different places there are at this site and be comfortable going to them. This weeks forum is the Breastfeeding Forum. The Moderators of this forum are fuchsiagroan, girls!, JicJac and melissao . The Moderators are there if you have any questions about their forum or TS.

Please feel free to respond back to this thread with your questions or something you learned from visiting the Breastfeeding forum. We'll be having the Mods stop by and tell more about the their forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Click here to take a peek at the Breastfeeding Forum! :icon_biggrin:[/SIZE]

2. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Hi there, expecting mamas! :) I'm Holly, one of the BFing mods. The BFing forum has been a wonderful source of support to me nursing my twins, and it's so much fun to chat with other moms going through the same things. It's a wonderful bunch of ladies over there, and there's always room for more! One thing I really like about our forum is the non-judgmental support. Whether you're BFing, pumping, combining nursing and bottles, breastmilk and formula, whether you're going strong or ready to throw in the towel, we are there to help. Stop by anytime! :)

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

I'm Melissa and I am currently nursing my third baby. I nursed my twins, Catherine and Andrew, for a little over a year. They had a rough start and I pumped and fed them by bottle for the first 3 months before finally transitioning them to full time breastfeeding. It was a challenge, but it was definitely worth it!

Congratulations to all of you Mommies to Be! Please stop by and visit us in the Breastfeeding Forum. Like Holly said it is a great group of women who love to help eachother through all of the ups and downs of breastfeeding twins (and others!) at any stage. Whether you're just beginning to consider your options or you're sure that you want to nurse your twins, we can help you get ready and answer your questions.

See you soon :)

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! I hope you make yourself at home here! It's a great place for advice about twins and a bunch of other stuff!

I am Jackie. I nursed my twins until they were almost 26 months old! I never supplimented with formula. I am currently nursing my 6 week old son. It is a whole different experience with just one!! Different things to do and learn! I am enjoying it thoroughly though!

If you plan on breastfeeding, Twinstuff does have a breastfeeding forum. It is possible to breastfeed twins! It takes a lot of hard work in the beginning, but you'll find as time goes on, everything gets easier! Please come over to the forum if you need some advice or support! We have a 'sticky' of Nursing success stories and a sticky about The basics of just getting started nursing twins. Some twins end up in the NICU because of an early arrival. We also have a sticky about Breastfeeding NICU babies. It is amazing that your milk is geared toward the stage your baby is at. If s/he is born early, your milk is so nutritious, perfect for the preemie.
    Please come by and say hi! We'll answer any questions you may have. There is no dumb questions. There is also nothing that is too 'tmi' (too much information) there too! We talk about a lot of things!
    Again - Welcome! :hi: Pull up a seat & get comfortable!

5. lbrooks

lbrooks Well-Known Member

Hi Expecting Momma's!

I'm a BF mod and a BF momma! I have a debt of gratitude owed to the BF forum. In the first few weeks/months of BF twins there are so many questions and issues that come up and this forum has gotten me through the worst of it so I can enjoy the best of it!!! I simply love BF my girls and love the way the women on the BF forum share their experience, struggles, victories etc.

I should add that I was the least likely BF fanatic before I had the girls. I knew I would BF, but not sure how long etc. My first goal was 6 weeks. I'm not at 9 months! This is thanks to the BF forum and all of the help I receive. I wish I'd have read more before I had the girls. Come by soon!