formula discounts

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by haleystar, Aug 20, 2009.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i know there are discounts and freebies to be had for twins and other multiples on formula, does anyone know what keywords i should be using or what sites i should be looking into for formula discounts?? we are going broke trying to feed these boys!

2. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would try Googling whatever type of formula you use & the word coupon. Maybe something would come up. :pardon: We don't tend to get a lot of coupons here in Canada, most of them are only good in the States, so I don't really know where to find them.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If you go on the websites for Enfamil, Nestle Good Start and Similac, they should have programs that you can sign up for where you will get checks (I believe Similac's were usually 5.00 off). I also had my mom and sister in law sign up as well so we got extra checks.

4. Kleppard

Kleppard Well-Known Member

I contacted each of the formula and diaper companies. They all have twin programs. If you send a copy of your LO's birth certificates they will usually send you coupons and samples. Nestle was the best. They sent me 12 small cans of formula and 2 boxes of rice cereal.

5. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

I also have signed up for the ones that I dont use - for example we use Similac but I signed up for Enfamil and Nestle as well and trade those coupons for Similac ones. For us Costco seemed to have the best price on name brand formula. If you get them on a store brand you will save a ton of $ too.

6. danabd

danabd Well-Known Member

hey there. you probably already did this, but enfamil, similiac, and nestle all have coupon programs and send you free formula if you sign up. I have gotten tons of freebies and coupons since signing up

7. raysNkids

raysNkids Active Member

The Florida WIC program has helped us a lot on the cost of formula. If you qualify, they will give you vouchers for cans of formula. I am still BFing, but I get 11 cans of Good Start formula for my twins each month because I supplement a few feedings each day. WIC even helps supplement food for pregnant women and small children (under age 5 I think). You might want to check it out and see if your family qualifies for assistance. If you don't live in Florida, you can visit this website to find a local office in your state.

8. MelinaS79

MelinaS79 Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest WIC also if you qualify... if not, then I echo what the other posters have said.. contact the formula companies, (I know our new pediatrician just sent in a form for us to get 2 cases of similac for DD who is on Alimentum.. yikes!) ... I've also heard nothing but good things about some of the store brand formulas, which are significantly less expensive than name brand.

Good luck to you! I don't know what we would do without WIC. Its a god-send. :)

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

while the others have good advice about the coupons and checks please also note that you run the chance of getting nothing! I signed up for enfamil, similac and nestle and literally got a few good start checks and that was it - NOTHING EVER from Similac or Enfamil!

10. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

DD was on Nutramigen and I jokingly made a comment at the ped's office one day that the formula was so expensive and it was a big hit on the budget. About 3 days later, I received about 15 coupons in the mail from my ped's formula rep. Apparently he passed on my comment and she sent me the coupons to help with the cost. We also got two free boxes of formula from our ped (it was the ready to feed stuff). I would talk to your ped the next time you go in and see if you can either get some free stuff or some coupons from their formula rep.

I would also keep your eye out at the grocery store for the coupons that print when you check out. I used to get a lot of those and would trade them on Craigslist if it wasn't the formula I needed. I also asked friends and family to do the same. Keep an eye out in the newspaper circulars also. I have seen a lot of Enfamil and Similac coupons in the last couple of weeks.