For money from the government.....

Discussion in 'General' started by three_precious_girls, Jan 25, 2008.

1. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I had to put this in 2 posts since I had so many ppl I was quoting:

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Jan 25 2008, 07:08 PM) [snapback]590239[/snapback]
    I would rather my taxes go to some sort of a healthcare program than to half the crap it is going to now. I think there should at least be a universal healthcare bill for all children out there period. No child should go without medical insurance as should elderly people!!!!

I agree here too!!

QUOTE(witmuch @ Jan 26 2008, 12:03 PM) [snapback]590878[/snapback]
    And here is what I have to say:
    YES, I RECEIVED STUDENT LOANS TO BETTER MY EDUCATION IN HOPES OF MAKING A BETTER FUTURE FOR MY CHILDREN! I ALSO HAVE A 4.0
    YES, MY CHILDREN (THE 3 THAT LIVE WITH ME) ARE GETTING MEDICAID!
    YES, WE RECEIVE FOODSTAMPS!
    YES, WE PAY OUR TAXES JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!
    YES, WE HAVE TO PAY A MORTGAGE!
    YES, WE LIVE OFF OF HAND ME DOWNS!
    NO, WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY COMING IN TO AFFORD OUT OF POCKET INSURANCE! WE CAN BARELY AFFORD FOOD!
    YES, WE ALSO LIVE IN GULFPORT MISSISSIPPI! OUR HOME WAS DESTROYED BY HURRICANE KATRINA! SO, AGAIN THE GOVERNMENT HELPED REBUILD OUR HOME!

So sorry that you lost your home and everything in the hurricane! But I am glad that you are able to get help with your home now!! That is what our tax $$ are for, IMO!!!

I am a SAHM for several reasons! It is what I have always wanted to be a SAHM. But also, if I worked, I would spend more on gas and daycare than I would make. I do not look down on working moms...they work hard to provide for thier families. And if you can work and still afford to pay daycare and have $$ left over...great. But it would not be that way for me, so I stay home.

2. flannelphilly

flannelphilly Well-Known Member

as far as universal healthcare, it would depend on the legislation surrounding it. Tax refund? I thought a refund was getting something back you overpaid, or at least paid into.... So it does bother me that people who don't pay taxes may very well be getting a refund. If its not a refund, call it something else. I'm not opposed to others receiving help or assistance, but I hate the way this is turning into an election "our side is more helpful than their side".

3. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

This debate is really hard. It's interesting to observe the shift in viewpoints when personal gain is involved, pointing towards a broader discussion on the role of government in providing for its citizens. In contexts like these, seeking advice from financial services, such as bright money customer service, can help people manage their finances better, regardless of the form of government aid. This conversation underscores the need for a more nuanced understanding of social support systems and their impact on different income brackets.

4. dannyfor

dannyfor New Member

People's trust in the government can play a role. Some may trust the government to distribute financial aid more efficiently than managing complex healthcare systems

5. dannyfor

dannyfor New Member

Ultimately, the issue of government assistance is multifaceted and can be influenced by a variety of factors, including ideology, personal circumstances, trust in government, and political beliefs