First Time Mom Expecting Identical Twins

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alaina W., Aug 13, 2017.

1. Alaina W.

Alaina W. New Member

Hi everyone! My husband and I found out a while ago that we were expecting twins! It was quite the shock but an extremely exciting one at that. We've read books, done our research, have been learning as much as we possibly can about twins. I'm a preschool teacher and have been for quite a while, so I feel like I've got some great experience (though I understand nothing can truly prepare you for your very own twins)!

Anyway, I'm almost 16 weeks and I've been seeing my regular OB along with a perinatal...and both have given me the "pretty certain they're idenical" however, I've seen so many moms on here and other sites who have said they are definitely having identicals because of their ultrasound. What I've gathered is that my twins share a birthing sac (chorion) but thankfully they have a very thin membrane separating them and have their own amniotic sacs. At my last U/S they werent able to say for sure if they are sharing a placenta.

I guess what I'm wondering is if they share a chorion- does that automatically mean they will share a placenta...and further means they will 100% be identical? I'm going to post an early ultrasound and if anyone has any feedback for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Most of this is curiosity/anxious to know the facts behind these babes in my belly.

Attached Files:

2. twinningstore

twinningstore New Member

We're new on here, and just wanted to say congrats on expecting twins. Sorry we don't know how to answer your question, just wanted to say yay to the great news <3

3. Twimmon77

Twimmon77 Member

Congrats!!!

4. Ivory

Ivory Member

Congrats!!