Finally...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Katheros, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Our baby girl has arrived!  I won't lie, I did check to make sure she was a she fairly soon after birth.    Gabriella made her debut yesterday, Feb 18, at 11:58 am (CST) and weighs 8 lbs 5 oz.   I told the midwife a few times that I had a feeling she wouldn't be as late as Joshua was and I was right, but barely.  Joshua was born 11 days past his due date, she was 10 days past hers!  I had an amazing birth at a local birth center.  My husband and I (mostly him) were able to catch her as she was born!  And we were home by 6 pm on the same day.  What a relief to be home so soon!  I feel like being home sooner is helping my recovery so much more.  The twins adore her already and Josh is adjusting.  I don't think he likes not being the baby, but he is interested in her.  

I'm attaching a picture of her and Joshua.  My husband apparently ordered flowers about two weeks ago to be delivered today from Gabriella and there was a random rosebud in the box so he gave it to Josh who then "gave" it to Gabriella.    (Edited to actually attach the photo...  *sigh*)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kate,

She is gorgeous! Congratulations!

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am so happy for you and your family, congratulations!!!  She is perfect!!

I had to laugh when you said you had to double check to see that she was, in fact, a girl!!!  After three boys, I was startled changing my daughter's diaper for the first month or so because "something" was missing... I was just so used to boys!!!

I hope you are recovering well!  Enjoy these days :wub: !!

1 person likes this.
  4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!

I'm so glad you didn't have to have a c-section on your kitchen table! :p

I can't believe ya'll are home already! I think that's awesome! She is gorgeous and it's good hear you are recovering well. Keep us posted on how ya'll are doing. 

1 person likes this.
  5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful picture!

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! She is so cute and she looks like she's 3 months already :). I hope you recover quickly. I wish you that she's healthy, smart and lucky. Congratulations to your husband as well - I think you will notice him having a weakness for her :).

7. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay!! :yahoo: Congratulations Kate and welcome earth side Gabriella! :wub:

8. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome Gabriella! And congratulations on a smooth birth :)

9. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Congratulations. What a great birth and such a wonderful picture!

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations Kate!  Gabriella is beautiful and what an adorable picture with her and Joshua :wub:

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Congrats!! She's beautiful!

12. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

So cute!!! Congrats!!!

13. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone!    Definitely weird to change a girl diaper after 3 boys.  I keep thinking something is missing!

I was pretty close to doing my own c-section, though.  I actually had an appt Tuesday morning and I was going to ask the midwife to do any and everything she could do to move things along, probably just a membrane sweep.  But luckily labor started a few hours earlier than my appt.   :lol:

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

congratulations Kate - she's beautiful!!

15. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!!  She's precious!! :wub:

16. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! She is beautiful

17. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

18. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! She is adorable!:)