feeling kicks from within?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by IVFmommy2b, Dec 1, 2006.

1. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps asking me if I have felt the babies kicking and moving. And I haven't!! No butterflies no nothing! I am starting to get worried that I should be....when did you feel them from the inside first? I'm just over 16weeks...thanks

2. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps asking me if I have felt the babies kicking and moving. And I haven't!! No butterflies no nothing! I am starting to get worried that I should be....when did you feel them from the inside first? I'm just over 16weeks...thanks

3. Beth R

Beth R Well-Known Member

Do not worry at all!!!!!!!!!!! 16 weeks is real early. Some people feel it early but most dont. Esp if this is your first pregnany. I felt mine about 18 weeks. In fact I felt the same as you and my OB said that I need to relax.I am having twins. Give it time - dont stress it and you will feel them soon.

Hugs,
    Beth

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I felt the first "flutters" after 17 weeks, not an actual "thump" until like 20-21 weeks ... I know, I kept reading about people feeling movement at like 13-14 weeks and wondered when the heck I would feel my babies! Now I feel them at all hours and all over the place ... jsut wait!!! Also, my honey couldn't feel them from the outside until probably 24 weeks or so.

5. sitkamom

sitkamom Well-Known Member

I felt my little ones around 20-21 weeks very infrequently. It took a couple weeks for me to really start feeling them on a regular basis but by 24-25 weeks, WOW! They move all over the place! Again, DON'T WORRY! You'll feel them soon enough!

6. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I didn't feel a thing until about 20 weeks... and I have 2 older daughters so I know what it feels like! Don't worry at all, 16 weeks is still very early. With this pregnancy I went straight from feeling nothing to feeling kicks that I could see from the outside all in one day! So not only is every person's pregnancy going to be different... each mom will have different experiences with each pregnancy.
    Helen

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I would agree that 16 weeks is a bit early. Around 20 weeks you will likely feel them.

8. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

there are so many factors involved in feeling the first "kicks", first pregnancy, position of babies, position of placenta, etc...also the first "kicks" are very gentle flutters and hard to determine whether it is a baby or not. I've heard of several women who don't feel anything until 20-24 weeks, those first kicks are very exciting and you will feel them before you know it.

9. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

I didn't start to feel them until about 20 weeks. And still now, its barely a flutter here and there, which makes be a bit anxious. I felt my last son earlier, and very strong from the get go, and now, at 9 months, he is still a mover and shaker! Maybe these newest guys of mine are just really mellow? [​IMG] here's hoping...

twins

[​IMG][​IMG]