Feeding advice needed

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ECUBitzy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I hope you get better news at your next visit. mine did end up gaining the average of about 5 pounds for the 2nd year, but there were a few quarters where they didn't gain the average.
    24mo-D24lb 13oz;J-23lb 6oz
    21mo-D24lb 4oz; J-22lb 4oz

15mo-D19lb 12oz 2%; J-18-9oz 3%
    12mo-D19lb 0oz 7%; J-18lb 3oz 10%

Our twins were 50% at 4 mo. old and slowly their percentile fell... the doctor was never concerned until the 15 mo. visit when they fell to 2%...
    you'll see my notes are that these are 3 mo. increments, and never did they gain a full pound each month... I only show this b/c some growth is slower... and again, the average is only 5 pounds or so for the full 2nd year.

anyway, I kind of agree with the whole not drinking yummy milk at meals... then that's all they want to eat, you do want to promote good eating habits, and not just have them gain fatty weight... not that I'm encouraging a low fat diet, just making positive choices like you're trying.

I know you can't "not concern" yourself with this, but don't let it overwhelm you either, I think meeting with a nutritionist or other to help analyze what you're doing would be great, even if all it does is give you the confidence that you are doing a good job with the food and timing. And hopefully you can find out something at your testing next month if it gets to that.