Favorite Homeschooling blogs or support groups

Discussion in 'General' started by NINI H, Oct 8, 2010.

1. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

So I'm interested in hearing about your favorite homeschooling blogs or support groups that you follow. I'm not talking about websites with curriculum ideas. I just came across a blog by a mom of 3 who homeschools in TX. It's excellent! So it got me wondering about everyones favs.

This is the one I found today: http://fivejs.com/

Oh I've been wondering also who is homeschooling school age children. My little guys are preschool age, but my older children are in 5th and 6th grades.

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I don't know of any blogs or support groups beyond The Well Trained Mind forums. I hang out there all the time. Just don't tell anyone I've never read their book. :FIFblush:

3 out of my 4 are school aged. I have a 5th grader and 2 1stish graders.

3. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I just noticed your siggy. Ben and Alexis are 16 days apart in age. I'm going to go check out your link. I love how much info is out there now. Back 20 years ago, people had to school under the radar so there wasn't all this info.

4. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

That's cool that we have some of similar ages. Does he drive you as batty as she drives me?

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I have kids who'd be 7th, 5th and 2nd grades, if we did school like that. I use a Charlotte Mason type education (just started that this year). There are a number of great blogs that I seem to stumble over again and again, but I don't have most of them saved. Duh, not sure why. Though if I followed blogs very much, I'd really never get anything done, I think.

6. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I've never really read up on Charlotte Mason. Probably should at some point, LOL.

It's nice hearing from parents of older children homeschooling. We've just recently joined a homeschool group in our area. But with our hockey schedule, we can't go to many things.

Jenn- YES! At times he still drives me up a wall, LOL. However, he's starting to come out of his funk. I think it's just a stage. At least that's what I'm hoping!

7. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

My favorite support group is a forum very like TS called www.chfweb.com. CHF stands for Christian Homeschool Forum. I have learned more from that site than anything else I've read. I also use the Five in a Row forum since we are going to be starting FIAR soon. My kids are in K.

8. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Stacy, I'm definitely going to check them out! I love forums where you can ask questions or get information from other moms!
    Kindergarten is so much fun! I hope you have a blast!!!

9. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

Thanks for the web address Stacey. I've been checking out that website a bit, but no where could I find what CHF stood for. Thanks for clarifying that!