favorite (cheap) place to get clothes?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cottoncandysky, Dec 4, 2008.

1. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

these monkeys are growing like weeds!! halle is up to 18lbs 10oz, sean is at 15lbs 15oz! sean is still fitting good in the 9 month carter's outfits, theyre actually a bit big on him. halle on the other hand is growing out of them, and FAST. i just bought them 2 weeks ago and it seems like theyre already getting small. i only have 4 warm outfits each for them right now, and really would like at least 2 more outfits each. i look on ebay, but is there any place where you guys find stuff cheap?? i refuse to pay more than $7 an outfit! i got them 4 outfits from jcpenny, all carter's, and with my coupon and the sale their outfits were only $6 each! woohoo! lol. im so cheap

2. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

It seems like there will be sales at all the department stores this time of year. We have an outlet mall with a Carter's and Osh Kosh about 50 minutes away, and I went there over the Summer. I got stuff so cheap. I am thinking of making another trip. My girls only have a few things that fit them too.

BTW, Halle is a chunk! She was born 10 weeks early too. Who would believe it? :lol:

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of luck finding cute Carter's clothes (as well as other brands) for good prices at Kohl's. They have a lot of sales. Good luck!

4. betha

betha Well-Known Member

Hi, I just went to Marshall's yesterday. I picked up 5 Carter's one piece outfits for 5.99 each (these are my favorite). I found one in clearance for $3! Of course, its a hunt and peck store but they always seem to have some Carter's basic outfits. Plus they have other stuff that costs a bit more, but I'm too cheap to buy it. I don't want to waste my money since they are growing so fast.

Regarding the Carter's outlet....how much do the basic pajamas (you know, those sleep and play outfits) cost there? There is one an hour away from us and I was debating whether it was worth the trip.

5. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Crazy 8's don't know if you have one in your area.

It is owned by Gymboree. They have cute things with good prices.

6. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Second hand stores, freecycle, Moms clubs, etc.

7. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting their next clothes at the MOMs sale next Spring. Otherwise Once Upon a Child has used clothes also, but it's too far from here so I never got to check it out. Or Carter's definitely if you have a store close to you (the closest here is 30 minutes away :(). Otherwise personally I buy separate shirts and pants now, it's easier to mix and match than outfits (and easier to put on too I think, I loathe snaps). I'll get outfits for $7 if I find some on sale though. So usually I got to Babies'r Us, Target or Old Navy. I'm cheap, won't spend more than $5 on a shirt or pants, but I try to keep 6 shirts and pants at all times for each baby.

I actually love Babies'r Us the most. They have shirts and pants for $10 for two, and their prices on Carters are much cheaper than in department stores.

8. j3s303

j3s303 Well-Known Member

i actually just shopped for clothes at babies r us for the first time the other day and got 6 outfits for 35 dollars.....all the clearance was buy one get one half off and some of the other cloths too!

9. eviedc

eviedc Well-Known Member

I am in love with Crazy 8. I don't have one close to me so I order everything online.

evie

10. Lynner405

Lynner405 Well-Known Member

Their is a Carter's, Osh Kosh and Children's Place outlet by me, so that is where I go for most of my kids clothes. JCPenneys also had cute clothes that are priced really well, and sometimes I can find some good things at Walmart.

BTW Betha the pajamas at my Carter's outlets are sometimes $3 or $4 dollars, and sometimes they are priced as much as they are in the regular stores. But there are a ton of clothes that are really cheap so it might be worth your while to just take a trip out there and see what they have.

11. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

At one of the outlet malls you can go to the "information desk" and see if they have discounts for AAA or military personnell. The outlet mall that I went to would have a weekly special for AAA members. Often when you combine this with any other sales it was quite a bit of savings.

12. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Target, Kohl's, and Children's Place...but I have also been known to pick up some cute bargains at Walmart!

13. nicolegalchutt

nicolegalchutt Well-Known Member

Old navy online sometimes has good baby clothes sales. and there stuff is good quality.

14. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

I find things at Kohls that are super cheap. I usually buy clearance items at the end of every season. I think my girls could go almost 2 months without wearing the same matching outfits twice. I buy entirely too much. :huh:

15. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

we dont have an outlet store around here. wish we did!! we do have a carters store, and BRU though. ive been in the osh kosh store and i didnt even bother looking at the stuff.

16. mamasky

mamasky Active Member

I buy most of my boys clothes (and my big kids stuff) from Target, Old Navy, Children's Place, and Gymboree. If you shop sales and use coupons, it ends up being cheaper than walmart prices but much better quality. I pay about $5-8 per outfit. Target clearance is great! Last week, I found matching outfits on clearance for $2.18 each!

17. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Old Navy for "nicer" clothes and WalMart for every day stuff - they're Garanimals are $3.50 each for shirts and pants (sometimes $4.50 if the shirts are decorated)...

18. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Kohls usually has Carters stuff pretty cheap (especially this time of year). But, do you have access to Costco? They quite often have very cheap Carters outfits and pajamas, cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. Maybe Sam's or BJ's does too.

I always get my DD's pajamas at Costco. And when they were smaller they got a lot of Carters outfits from Costco as well.

19. becky5

becky5 Guest

Costco has great Carters brand outfits for infants up to the "T" sizes. Other than that, I usually get stuff from Walmart or Target.

20. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Consignment stores.

21. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

I love Children's Place. I like the quality of their clothing and it's pretty inexpensive. I also will sometimes get things at Sam's Club from time to time. I also love Target and JC Penny's. JC Penny's has the Oke doke brand of shirts and pants for $4 each and I got the girls their Christmas blanket sleeper pj's for $10 because I used a $10 off coupon. I love JC Penny's because they often will send the $10 off coupons and that's all you have to spend.

22. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

My faves are Carter's (especially for infant clothes, they don't have much for toddlers over 24 months), Children's Place (their clearance stuff is great, especially after the stuff goes 50% off), and Kohl's. You can get on Carter's e-mail list and they will send you coupons for 20% off a $50 purchase.

23. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We got most of our clothes as hand-me-downs, but I bought most of the rest at consignment stores or the twice-yearly twins club sale. The consignment store is actually just as much $$ as buying them new at someplace like Target or Kohl's, but the quality is higher because they only accept high-end stuff that would be way more expensive new.

We bought all our fleece blanket sleepers at Costco. I was so sad when they started demanding 2-piece PJs instead, because Costco doesn't have them.

My sister bought a lot of stuff on ebay in big lots. If you buy one item/outfit at a time, it gets expensive with the shipping, but if you aren't too picky, you can get a whole box of stuff in one size for very little per item.

24. Carefulove

Carefulove Well-Known Member

Most of my children's clothes are from The Children's Place and Old Navy. I have gotten their clothes there since they were born. To hang out in the house -> Walmart!

25. San12

San12 Well-Known Member

I also do alot of second hand stores. I get the best value there, and the clothes is like new.

26. lukesmom325

lukesmom325 Well-Known Member

Like pps, with my singleton son I bought a lot from discount stores like Target and Walmart and from our Carter's outlet store. . . but then I found CRAIGSLIST and if you are not familiar, it is an internet site that others in your area place their classified ads for all different things, including 2nd hand clothes for kids. . I have found some great LOTS of clothes for my twins! It is also the place I bought my bouncer, swing, and my double snap n go for the babies at a FANTASTIC price!! I got my double snap n go for $25.00 and its in great shape! I also just bought some Christmas toys (Thomas the train) on there at cheap prices and two of the items were brand new in the box! Here is the link to the phoenix area site and then you can choose the area you live in. . . Happy Hunting!

Craigslist

27. boog9902

boog9902 Well-Known Member

Try once upon a child that's where we bought all my sons clothing and i think the most i paid was like $5 for a outfit if that .. I also have bought some out fits for my twins that are due in about 7-9 weeks depending !!

28. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

My very favorite place for cheap clothes are Mom 2 Mom sales!

29. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I love the Babies R Us clearance racks, where you can get things for as low as $2. I've done a bit of shopping at Walmart, but my favourite is still Carters. They recently had a 50% off everything in store sale, and I also had a 25% off coupon (if you spend more than $100, or 20% if you spend more than $50), so I ended up with a 75% discount. Yes, I spent a fair chunk ($145) but I got a pile of things for them. My rule of thumb is that I won't spend more than $10 an outfit, and for that, it has to have 2-3 pieces.

My daughter is a chunky monkey too (shes so cuddly, I love her!), so I buy her the next size up in clothes to the one she is currently wearing. She should be in a 6-9 month size (although her weight says the next size up, she can still fit the clothing), so I buy her 9-12 months, and just roll up the sleeves and legs. That way I get double the use out of everything, and won't have to buy for her for a while.

30. Schmoopy

Schmoopy Well-Known Member

Do you have a children's consignment shop where you live? The clothes are in great shape, and they're cute, too! Where I live there's a place called "Kid to Kid." We shop there all the time....

http://www.kidtokid.com/locations.php

31. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

I buy most of mine on Craigslist. You can also try consignment shops. Let me know if you would like to sell any of your clothes, mine are growing like crazy too. I also got some stuff at Carters at the outlet mall. They had an entire store 1/2 off sale. Some of the stuff was actually 60% and 75% off too. I am cheap too.

Jen

32. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Schmoopy @ Dec 5 2008, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1099288[/snapback]
    Do you have a children's consignment shop where you live? The clothes are in great shape, and they're cute, too! Where I live there's a place called "Kid to Kid." We shop there all the time....

http://www.kidtokid.com/locations.php

Ok I never heard about it and there is one 15 minutes from my house! Now I know what to do tomorrow :p Thanks for the tip!