Evening sickness

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cheezewhiz24, Aug 3, 2011.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Last time I threw up every morning for about 9 weeks.

This time, I feel pretty good in the morning (haven't thrown up yet!) but about every other/every third evening I feel very queasy.

Anybody else have 'evening sickness'?

2. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

That's when I felt the worst this pregnancy--usually around supper time when I had to cook. Yuck. Hopefully it passes soon for you. Mine lasted until 14 weeks.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me! I mentioned it to my midwives & they said that, for some women, exhaustion aggravates nausea - I started making an afternoon rest/nap a priority & that really helped a lot.

4. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I did especially if I didn't eat consistently. Many a Big Mac run (my sickness cure) during the first trimester.

5. cheezewhiz24

Hmm, you might be onto something. This morning I took the boys to the zoo and pushed them all around it. I did take a really short nap this afternoon, but there was a fly in our bedroom that kept bothering me and keeping me from sleeping. Thanks! :give_rose:

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, best wishes for a healthy baby!

I am sorry you are so sick, I hope it will go away soon. Sorry to tell you this, and I hope it's not like this for you, but I was sick constantly during my twin pregnancy, no matter what time of the day it was and not only in the beginning. Even if I woke up during the night I felt like I was sick to my stomach. That's the reason I was afraid to eat too much and I was surviving mostly with saltines, fruits, baby carrots, very small portions of food and A LOT of water. Funny enough, icecream didn't bother me as much :).

Good luck!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had the evening sickness. :gah: I felt horrible all day but the evenings was when I :bad:

:hug: I hope it passes quickly for you!!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Each one of my pregnancies started out with evening sickness and gradually moved on to the morning. I agree that it may have had something to do with exhaustion, Even my morning sickness was worse when I was tired. With this baby, it was my first pregnancy to not work outside the home and I felt sick - mostly terrible food aversions but I never threw up.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!

9. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I felt this way with my last pg if I went too long without eating. I ended up eating a snack on my way home from work and then ate dinner when I got home! Even when has major food aversion I would keep my belly full with something like almonds or a granola bar and it really helped.

10. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

LOL, sounds just like me.

11. cheezewhiz24

This kid likes processed meats for sure- I made burgers at home and was really queasy. But somehow McDonald's and Wendy's have been just fine every.single.day. Which I'm indulging as I have anemia (again).

12. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is about those Big Macs and such but I HAD to have them. I flt so much better when I did. After I got past the beginning, I was able to eat better, but the crew at my local Mickey D's knows me by name!

13. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Yes! The McDonalds diet :) Maybe it's the sodium because that and mac n cheese were the two things I could always eat.