EEEEW YUCKY

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by NicoleMarieLG, Jan 21, 2009.

1. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

They can't figure out why I keep throwing off protein in my urine so I am doing a 24 hour urine catch at home. Major yuck! I have to pee in this upside down "hat" and then pour it into this big jug sitting in ice... for 24 hours! Good thing I can't go anywhere anyways lol.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ugh, that doesn't sound like much fun at all. :hug: But hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

3. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

Don't worry, if you're borderline and as lucky as I was, you'll get to do one every week for the remainder of your pregnancy! I had a total of 8 while I was preggers! Fortunately, 7 of those were in the hospital, so I didn't have to trapse through the house carrying my "pee bonnet" to the fridge.

I know, it's a torturous thing to do to a pregnant lady, but hang in there! :cool:

4. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

I had to do one a few weeks ago...lucky you, you get to stay home and do it...I had to carry my bucket of ice, that little hat and the best thing of all...what I had "captured" around with me for 24 hours. <_< Yeah, no one at work in security asked me what I had in the bucket, they just let me go on my way :lol:

5. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

I just finished my 4th 24 hr urine (2 while admitted and 2 at home)...so I totally feel on this one....and then after all that hard work collecting your pee, you have to get poked...pregnancy just isn't fun sometimes :rolleyes:

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I had to do 3 while I was pregnant with the twins. My nurses were amazed at how many jugs I could fill! :lol:

7. crescendo97

crescendo97 Well-Known Member

I know the feeling this is my third week doing the same thing. Luckily, mine is done on weekends and I have to take it in on Mondays.

8. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I haven't had to do one yet for this pregnancy, but I did it several times for my others so I completely understand just how much it sucks. :hug:

9. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Ah yes...I remember that horrible thing, too. I was mortified carrying it into the lab the next day! I felt like everyone was watching me and knew what I had in there. Little did I know I'd be doing many more mortifying things in the weeks to come before my boys arrived!

Good luck!

10. pdellinger

pdellinger Active Member

I agree, YUCK! I'm doing the same thing right now! Luckily it's over tomorrow at noon and hopefully everything will be fine. Good luck with yours!

11. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Oh gosh... you mean I might have to do this AGAIN!!!! LOL - this twin pregnancy stuff is just so much FUN :)

12. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

When I had to do mine, my OBGYN said "you don't want to go to work while you're doing this." I had no clue what he was talking about until I got my hat and jug. And I stayed home!

13. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

By the end of my pregnancy with my twins I was doing this basically 24/7. As soon as my test results would come in for one, I would start another. I probably did twenty 24 hour urine collections. The best was when all the inlaws were at the house, and I'd go get my jug out of the refrigerator and go pee, and put it back in probably once every 45 minutes. lol. I never knew peeing in a toilet was a privilege.

14. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

By the end of my pregnancy with my twins I was doing this basically 24/7. As soon as my test results would come in for one, I would start another. I probably did twenty 24 hour urine collections. The best was when all the inlaws were at the house, and I'd go get my jug out of the refrigerator and go pee, and put it back in probably once every 45 minutes. lol. I never knew peeing in a toilet was a privilege.

Sorry about the double post... not sure how that happened.