Easel

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by seamusnicholas, Nov 22, 2008.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am looking to get the boys an easel. I am wondering if you have any recommendations. The plastic ones look perfect for their age but I am wondering if the wooden ones are better. Thanks.

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

The wooden are probably better but I like the plastic one I got at the discount store. Works great, cost $10 and it lays flat and locks together to fit in a corner, in between shelves or under a bed. Good storage option.

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My bro and sil got the girls a Crayola one from TRU. We love it. It has a chalkboard side and a magnetic side that can also be used for plain paper (a clip at the top) or as a dry erase board. I love the versatility of it. It also folds flat for easy storage.

4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Thanks girls. I dont have a ton of space (actually barely any at all!) so I think the plastic ones are my best bet. I have to decide between the following three.

Step 2
    Little Tikes
    Crayola

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I think the Little Tikes one is the one Lois has and she said there is no dry erase/magnetic side. Just a side to place paper, and a chalkboard. So I would knock that one out of the running.

The Step2 and Crayola look the same, I would boil it down to price I guess. :D But I really do love our Crayola one. ;)

6. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

We have the Step2 one and it's great. Holds up well to the girls crawling in that little space and playing peek a boo. :rolleyes: ;)

7. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Nicole,

We're getting our boys the Step 2 one. It seemed like the best bang for our buck and I love the dry erase surface for magnets!

8. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have the little tykes one which I do not recomond. There is only a clip on one side for drawing, the other side is the chalk board. It does not fold flat. We also have the IKEA easal. For the price, I would go with the IKEA one if you have an ikea near you. I will be back with a link.

9. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

Mine really like their Step 2 easel.

10. becky5

becky5 Guest

Someone gave us a Little Tykes easel....given those choices, I would choose the Step 2 easel.

11. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I'm giving the girls the Ikea easel for Christmas. I bought it a few months ago. I don't know how good or sturdy it will be but it was very inexpensive and they have big rolls of paper you can buy for it.

12. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

The Ikea ones look cute but they're not terribly durable. Depends on whether your kids are gentle or not. I think I'd probably opt for something stronger. I had an Ikea one in the kindergarten classroom and it only lasted a year. You might consider checking a teacher's supply store like Scholar's Choice.