Easel Recommendations...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by megkc03, Jun 3, 2009.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I want to get the boys something from the baby for when I come home from the hospital. I was thinking a double-sided easel. Are there any recommendations for one? Ones you loved? Didn't care for? Oh-and not overly expensive-dh will flip! LOL!

Or if there are other ideas for a gift for the boys from the baby, I'll take those too! The boys will be 20 months old in 2 weeks(where in the world did the time go??).

2. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Great Idea!! I have been thinking about an easel as well. I was also looking at a little picnic table, do you have one of those yet?

3. megkc03

QUOTE(cohlee @ Jun 3 2009, 10:24 PM) [snapback]1340184[/snapback]
    Great Idea!! I have been thinking about an easel as well. I was also looking at a little picnic table, do you have one of those yet?

Yes! We have the picnic table-it was like $44 or something close at TRU. They LOVE it! And when we first used it-it was SOOO darn cute! LOL! I had it just in time for a playdate-so there was no highchairs for lunch or anything-they sat at the table. Sooo cute! Even my dh liked it(I had to twist his arm, as the boys NEEDED it :D ). It's now out on the deck-so when we eat outside they use the picnic table. We also did playdoh there as well. I just got so sick of those darn highchairs and cleaning them! Get one! They'll love it! Just beware-they may fall off at first.... <_<

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have the Step 2 Easel and we love it. The one tiny thing I didn't like is that the magnetic letters are tiny. So we took the letters from the Leap Frog fridge phonics and put them on there and put the small letters away for now. But IMO, it's perfect!!

5. megkc03

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 4 2009, 06:26 AM) [snapback]1340382[/snapback]
    We have the Step 2 Easel and we love it. The one tiny thing I didn't like is that the magnetic letters are tiny. So we took the letters from the Leap Frog fridge phonics and put them on there and put the small letters away for now. But IMO, it's perfect!!

Thanks Michelle! That's the one I am thinking about getting. It's also in the price range of what I wanted to spend. I will probably ditch the letters...as those end up ALL.OVER.THE.HOUSE anyways! Now-to get there before Wednesday...and without dh finding out... LOL!