Early Intervention/ Developmental Delay Information & Resources

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Ellen Barr, May 26, 2005.

1. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

We have gone through all of that with EI and school district. They failed him for special education class but they told us he would be on a waiting list for 'At Risk' Program. We finally got a call a week before Christmas from school district that the State budget came through they don't come on time once school start. Thus, the twins were in regular preschool while they screened my son and they found him to qualify. And at that time I asked if they would offer to screen my twin daughter (just for the heck of it) because she did passed flying colors with EI. And it turned out she needed as much as my son does! They just have different reason for qualifying into the program. They both attended their new preschool 5 days a week with 2.5 hours time. And then I had to ask them how does it work for enrollment for preschool as they have 1 more year left to do before hitting pre-K. They told us that they are IN the program until they go to Kindergarten.

Good luck you and everyone else!