Ear buds or Headphones?

Discussion in 'General' started by MNTwinSquared, Dec 7, 2016.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

My twins are getting an iPod for Christmas! (Shh.. don't tell them!)

Which would you chose, over the ear headphones (covers ear) or ear buds that you stick in them? I'm hesitant to go with ear buds because of potential hearing loss.. don't know.

What are your thoughts and ideas? Pros/Cons?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd probably go with over the ear headphones myself. More of personal preference for me, because I have a hard time keeping ear buds in my ears. And if I were getting something like that for my kids, I would get over the ear headphones for that reason.

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids all prefer headphones-we got some really nice Sony ones at Walmart last year and they are still working great!

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. Obviously that was the way I was leaning, but for size and compactness, I was open for the buds.

5. bennet

bennet New Member

I think ear head phones would be a better option, since they are kids..

6. Zarend

Zarend Member

Headphones are better, since they have bigger speakers in them, and combined with a bigger enclosure around the ear this allows for increased sound quality. Another important component is an amplifier. If you never purchased one before, you should read an article on amp for HD650 to have an idea about the benefits it gives. This post is written by Artem Ali, who is well known to be an expert on questions related to headphones, amplifiers, speakers and other audio equipment.

7. HelenaK

HelenaK New Member

Thank you!

8. Daneshka

Daneshka Active Member

If you still don't know what decision you should make for buying headphones, then I can advise you on this informative article-review of earbuds vs headphones written by a real professional in everything that concerns these devices. Here you will find a comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of different types of headphones and you can choose the one that suits you in terms of lifestyle and method of operation.