Do you worry that your twins won't know their names?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by daniv, Dec 5, 2008.

1. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

I know most of you are thinking I am crazy but I have been worried lately that my boys are not going to know what their names are. Becuase they are always together, very rarely is one awake and getting attention alone. My DH and I co-feed and take care of them when he is home but most of the time I do it all one right after the other. I talk to them and call their names through out the day but worry they willbe unsure who is who. Please let me know that this is will be ok and they will know.
    TIA

2. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

They'll learn their names. Mine are 7 months and you can tell they know their name already. They both look toward me or DH when we are calling them by their names.

3. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

They will know.. No need to worry. Before they could talk when we called out a name the right child would look. When they started to talk if you asked Brandon his name sometimes he would say Dyl ( for Dylan) but we would say no thats your brother whats your name and he would say Oh My name Brandon!!!

So no worries they will know who they are!

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

They will know! Mine do also. Just look at them when you say their name, when there is no doubt that you're talking to them (when you're feeding, changing them etc).

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine were in daycare with 6 other kids practically from birth, but they learned their names just fine. :)

6. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I so worried about this. I think I even posted about it. Both boys know their names just fine now :)

Dianna

7. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I never thought of this as a concern before... but I must say when I went to my sister in laws house I was wondering how the girls knew their names. She has g/g twins and they just turned 1 and they do know. If they are about to touch something they shouldnt or even if she just calls their names to get their attention, the correct one will look. I dont know how, but they do. I guess I never thought of it, b/c I have b/g twins, but I guess its just as easy for them to get it confused b/c they dont know that their name is associated w/ their gender.. anyway Im rambling, but Im sure you wont have any trouble with it.

8. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Yes, they will know their names. Just a word of advice--always call your babies by their names. Don't start saying "bubby" or something. We made that mistake by always saying "there's your sissy" or somethingn like it and now they know each other by "sissy" They both know their names but they don't call themselves by their name. Kaytlin can say her name but it's still "sissy" for Alivea.

9. clkafka

clkafka Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing... they both know their names now. :D

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't think you're crazy I worried about that too. I definitely think it's taken mine longer to learn their individual names b/c a lot of time I call them "girls" or "ladies" so they respond to that too.

What I used to do to try to teach them their names is when I spoon fed them I would say their names before giving each baby a bite. So I'd say "Lily" and give her a spoonful of food and then do the same for Amelia. I did that quite often b/c I was concerned about it!

11. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

In the beginning we called one "peanut" and the other "midget" then started to call them by their names.... Sierra and Sienna.... yup they know their names....