Do we need a double umbrella AND double jogging stroller?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by beanmachine, Jun 5, 2010.

1. beanmachine

beanmachine Active Member

Hi Everyone,

We currently have the MacLaren Twin Techno stroller for our girls, but I am quickly seeing some disadvantages (not good for the beach or hiking, etc) to having this double umbrella stroller. I'm thinking about getting a jogging stroller, but am having a hard time justifying buying yet another stroller since the MacLaren is still perfectly good and hardly used. For those of you with a double umbrella stroller and double jogging stroller, do you ever use the double umbrella stroller? If so, when do you use which stroller? I'm wondering if we should just sell the MacLaren if we decide to buy a jogging stroller. Any comments are welcome!

Thanks!

2. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We started off with a double umbrella stroller, and added the Baby Jogger City Classic Double when the twins were 6 months old. The umbrella stroller has been collecting dust ever since. We love our jogger, actually it's classified as "all-terrain," because it steers like a dream, the ride is nice and smooth, the kids are comfy, it's easy to fold and stow, and we can go anywhere so far with it. G/L with your decision!

3. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Well...we have four strollers currently if you count the snap n go so I might be the wrong person to ask! haha

We started out with the SNG, then at about 3 months old we added the Baby Jogger City Elite double as our all terrain all purpose stroller. About a month or so ago we also go the Twin Techno as our new "on the go" stroller since we are about to outgrow the SNG and it is great for keeping in then trunk for running errands (also the kids get sweaty now in their car seats in the SNG for too long) and to take on a plane for traveling.

Most recently we also bought a Baby Jogger City Mini single for times when one of us goes out with one baby to do errands or whatever, and we have used it tons so far! We seem to use both of our doubles equally it seems. I love them all!

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a combi twin sport, and a baby trend double jogger. My baby trend won't fit through a small single doorway (like in my dr's office and dentist office mostly), but it works everywhere else. Originally I thought the combi would work 100% of the time, but when my older kids started baseball this spring, my combi couldn't take the roughness of the terrain, so we bought the jogger as well. If it wasn't for the smaller doorways at those offices, I'd just use my jogger all the time.

So for us, 2 stroller's is necessary. We also used our combi when we flew in january, and will use it for other vacations where a smaller stroller is ideal :)

5. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I have a BOB and use it for everything, but I am outside mostly and don't go to the mall much. It is great at the grocery store - easy to maneuver with one hand while pulling a cart. I have never had it not fit in a doorway, not even a single. If I had extra money I would get a double umbrella just because it is lighter for on the go, but again, the few times I am out I can deal with the BOB. Half the time now anyway DH and I put them in carts or bjorn them.

6. aussiemom

aussiemom Administrator Staff Member TS Moderator

For more info on double jogging strollers, check out our reviews.

7. KamaMoca

KamaMoca Member

Okay... Not sure if that is true either... but they do have a few wins on the board . I cant remember what it said previously. Just "team"?