dna tests

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Sep 19, 2010.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

While I was pregnant I thought I didn't care if the girls were identical or fraternal. Well now that they're here all of a sudden I have this burning need to find out. Anyone else feel that way? One looks like my middle child and the other looks like my oldest daughter. One takes after my side and the other my husbands. So I just assume they were fraternal but as the weeks go by they are looking more and more alike. When we go for their 2mos well check I am going to talk to the doctor about it.

2. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

I always have been of the same frame of mind - no burning desire to spend the money - now that they are a year old I'm glad I waited - its very obvious that they are ID. I can use that money for something else for them.

3. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

Yep...I said I would wait to see what they looked like when they were born. Three months in and we STILL can barely tell them apart, so we spent the $99 and got the test. We sent it back on Saturday, so hopefulyy we will know by the end of the week or early next week via email!! Can't wait!

4. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

I totally felt it was worth the 100 dollars. My husband and I were in such denial about it and I was just doing to prove everyone else wrong :p But I am so glad I know now. Even though I still think they look different, once I found out they were ID I started seeing a little of what other people saw and could understand more why people had trouble telling them apart.

5. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

If I didn't know my boys were fraternal and they looked a little bit more alike, I would be dying to know whether they are ID or not!

6. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend doing a DNA test.. your girls will get asked this question for the rest of their lives and it's so great to be able to answer with certainty... Good luck and keep us posted! Or post some pics and we'll let you know! :)

7. MyMayBabies

MyMayBabies Well-Known Member

Is there a particular company that does this testing?

8. ladypotter

ladypotter Well-Known Member

I used www.dnanow.com

I had seen a few people on here had used it with good luck. So far, VERY easy. Ordered online, test was sent within a week and I sent it back Saturday and hoping for results sometime the end of the week via email. They let you choose your mode or modes of communication (I chose email - for quick answer, and then mail - so I have it in writing). Cost was $99.