Discrepancy in belly size at 26 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Veronicats, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Veronicats

Veronicats New Member

Hello. I am looking for some reassurance or to hear some of your experiences with twin pregnancy issues. I am quite worried: twins have same head and femur size but bellies are in different percentiles: 65% and 20%. The smaller baby's umbilical cord is slightly irregular in blood flow on the ultrasound which explains the difference in size. We are waiting to measure them again next week, the doctor is saying that it is still possible for things to turn out ok; he said that baby b has a 3-lane instead of a 5-lane highway. Has anyone had a similar experience with a positive outcome? Please ladies, let me know your thoughts, I am so sad and worried.

2. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS and congratulations on expecting twins!
    I dont have any experience with this sort of thing and hopefully some other members will chime in here with some positive feedback for you.
    I will say I think its great that your doctor is aware of the issue and keeping a close eye on things.  How far along are you right now?
    :hug: