Discount programs for twins, free stuff, etc

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by rayceryin12, Jul 25, 2012.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Where have you gotten things from? What companies?

I've written all the major companies (Pampers, Luvs, Huggies, Enfamil, Similac, etc....)

Thanks!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Kolcraft! They have a program where damaged stuff can be sent to you for shipping. I got 2 Jeep umbrella strollers from them.

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

What a great thread idea!

I've signed up at all the diaper places, although I got 1012 diapers in varying sizes for my baby shower (that'll last what a month? Lol).

My best friend put a card in the invitation for everyone to bring a pack/box of diapers and they'd get entered to win a $50 visa gift card, everyone brought diapers and wipes!

And I've done a lot of shopping at the baby consignment stores here.

1 person likes this.
  5. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

We have a list that I'll link when I'm at my computer of a bunch of resources that were compiled. Please add notes on your experiences within this thread and we'll get it updated. :)

6. ECUBitzy

Here is the list!

And Kolcraft's program is actually a community giving program (or some similar name). They rock, though! I was sent a Contours tandem stroller! All I paid was freight!

Please let me know any successes, issues, or additions relating to this list and I'll get a new one posted!

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, I was hoping to get that tandem stroller, too. I actually bought it- and now there is a recall. I still love the stroller, though, but now have to get a part to make it safe.

8. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

If you plan to bottle feed have your pedi give you the form for Similac Gold Program. I think that's what it's called. It's for multiples. They sent me something like 20 bottles of 32oz Ready Feed formula when the twins were born.

9. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Toys R Us/Babies R Us will do a discount off the second of an item, but large items only. Second crib for instance. I bought my twins furniture from Burlington Coat Factory and they also gave me a discount on the second of each item.

10. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I got a 10% discount off the second crib mattress at BRU but it was like pulling teeth. The customer service told me I could come back to customer service to get the 10% off the car seats I bought on their site but when I did they refused me. So, its in store only!

11. rayceryin12

Thanks everyone!!

12. Shay2181

Shay2181 New Member

how do you find out about the Kolcraft program? I cannot seem to find anything

13. ECUBitzy

I called them directly. The number is 800.453.7673. They don't always do strollers- they'll tell you what they have available to give and you can choose from that. If you don't need anything they offer, call back a few weeks later and try again!

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

honestly - I signed up for EVERY website (Pampers, Huggies, Carnation and Similac) and got NOTHING - ZIP ZILCH ZERO! The only thing Carnation could do was if I sent copies of their birth certificates I'd get a free can of powdered formula...

I did get a few formula checks and a few coupons but really nothing of note...

the funny thing is friends of mine that never had kids got more coupons than I did and used to give them to me!

15. rayceryin12

I didn't get much after doing everything either!! Mostly just coupons.

16. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Talk to your pediatricians .... Mine has gotten enfamil to send us cases of formula which has been a huge help.

17. ECUBitzy

Don't get me wrong, it was a ton of work (I did send birth certs) but I got a lot of stuff.

18. rayceryin12

I think some companies discontinued their free stuff.

19. Amegge

Amegge Member

Any updates on this?