"different" movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Raneysmama, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Lately my babies' movements have changed. I still feel movement, but it's like they're squished in there and I don't feel as many kicks and jabs. It's more like rolling and stretching...slow movements, if that makes sense (with some 'kicking' here and there). Is this normal at this point since they don't have as much room now?

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I noticed a decrease in those hefty kicks the farther along I got. Instead, it just felt like rolling limbs too. Sounds normal to me!

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I noticed that at the end of my pregnancy with Liam. It felt like he was rolling around a lot. I think it's normal, they are running out of room in there.

4. greenslade7

greenslade7 Well-Known Member

Same here. Movement was really different towards the end. [​IMG] Yeah!! You're getting closer to that big moment!!

5. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

I totally know what you mean! I never feel them kick any more. It feels like they are just rolling around in there. It almost feels a little weird at times and catches me off guard. Now they sit with an elbow or a knee sticking out so of course I have to mess with them and poke thier little legs, I hope that isn't bad! I gets more interesting every week.

6. debby12766

debby12766 Well-Known Member

I am starting to get that, too.

7. Angelmommy

Angelmommy Well-Known Member

yep me too. Mostly just moving body parts or feeling someones boday part poking out lol. Also the past couple of days, i feel them in my pelvic area- feels like they want out lol.

8. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

I am just feeling the rolling and wiggling movements now. They don't have much room to kick and punch. Occasionally they will move around enough to get room for it, but it isn't as hard now.

9. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

I still feel alot of movement so no changes here yet.

Melissa - I just wanted to tell you that when I opened this post today and saw that your ticker was at 30 weeks, it put a big smile on my face. You're a little over 3 weeks ahead of me, so knowing that you are so close means that I'm not too far myself.

Congrats on 30 weeks!

10. debby12766

debby12766 Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa,

I just wanted to mention that today when I went for my NST (like a Richter scale for babies' heart rates, also shows contractions), I found out that the rolling movements I sensed were actually showing up as contractions. If I felt a muscle twinge at the bottom of my belly, the contractions came out as pointy hills or triangles, rather than rounded rolling curved hills. So I no longer know what is normal for fetal movements or feeling contractions. I wanted to share this information if it is helpful, as I recall you were trying to decide how often to do NSTs at the far away hospital, but I very much hope I haven't added a worrisome complication or hijacked your thread!! I do hope you'll share your NST results when you get them, especially how the "rolls" register. When do you start your NSTs?

11. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the same changes in movements. several times during the NST and the nurse told me it is very normal to feel that change as space becomes limited. (mine luckily aren't contrax)