Different doctor/different opinions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christinam, Aug 11, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I wrote last month that I saw the woman ob and she scheduled me for weekly AFI/cervical length checks. I saw the other doctor yesterday and he said he's calling to find out why they want that from the ultrasound place. If it's just standard he's canceling. Of course, if they have a reason they'll continue. He's been doing this since before i was born so I trust his judgement. I'm 22.5 weeks now but he's going ahead and bringing me back in two weeks! They're going ahead with my glucose test next visit too. He said they'll schedule my c/s for 37 weeks when I come in at my 26 week appointment. Seems like things are just picking up quickly now!!!

2. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

When I got put on modified bed rest they put me in biweekly cervical length checks, but my ob does them at his office. Part of the reason I was put on bed rest was bc my cervix was shortening.

My doc said we'd deliver via C/s at 37 weeks but he he just scheduled it on the books for the 17th at 12(so this upcoming friday). Hes still doing cervical length tests even since over been on weekly appts. In one week my cervical length went from 3.4 to this week it was 1.88 ... I doubt I'd be making it much further from 37.

So anyway, id trust your ob that she knows what is going to be best for you.

3. christinam

I trust the doctor I saw yesterday more than the one last time. I like the one I saw last month a lot. But, I've been dealing with the doctor I saw yesterday for seven years. So, I trust him totally.

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

So you're seeing 2 ob 's? Im confused but then agaim thats a typical state for me lately, lol

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think it depends on the practice, I saw both ob's in my practice, so that I'd have a relationship with both of them in case I want into labor when my "other" one was on call. It was standard at that practice to do that. :)

6. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you're only seeing an OB. Are they mono di? In MN you have to see a Peri for that and deliver with them. You are high risk. GL!

7. christinam

There are three doctors in my practice. The rule is you have to see each one at least once during your pregnancy so you know then in case they're on call when you deliver. I can choose who I want to do my csection but I still see all the doctors at least once. Once I see them all I usually stick with one until the end of my pregnancy. I'll probably see who I saw the other day till I deliver.

My obs have been in practice longer than I've been alive. Well the two male doctors have. They've never said there is a need for a peri. But, I'm very very fortunate that I have uneventful pregnancies. Once, when I was pregnant with my second child they thought there could be something wrong with her kidney. They did say after my 2nd u/s if it was still there they would refer me. Thankfully, it was resolved and not an issue. So, I trust they would refer me if I needed to be.