did you know you were pregnant befor you missed your period?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hot2trottt4u, Aug 27, 2008.

1. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

just wondering if you knew you were pregnate before your missed period. while you were ttc.
    We just started TTC and i hurt my back went to the dr and they gave me a pee pee test and it was a big fat NOT PREGNATE :(
    so now its a week later and we have been, well you know :wub:
    so today i have been super tired even took a nap while the kids were sleeping, something i never do.
    and i have been super emotional the last few days. Crying about everything.
    Its way to early for me to test and i am going crazy....
    so just wondering were there any signs for you befor you knew for sure?
    Send me baby Vibes :D

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I never knew before my missed period. Good luck! It sounds promising.

3. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I "knew" befor emissing my period, but NEVER got a positive with either pregnancy until I was 2 days late (even with the twins when they say HCG was higher). But, then again, I think your body can kind of "trick" you and make you think everything is a symptom when you are TTC. Best of luck to you.

With the twins, I had really bad heartburn for 2 days before AF was late. I don't think I had EVER had heartburn before. Then, I missed AF, still got a negative until 2 days later and it was FINALLY positive! But, AF was NEVER even a day late, so that tipped me off too. I got pregnant the first month we tried.

With Olivia, the first month, I SWORE I was pregnant right away again. I was tired, heartburn, sore boobs, etc. Nope, AF showed just like normal. I was shocked, I just knew I had to be pregnant (again, I think my body was playing tricks on me since we had just started TTC). I did get pregnant the 2nd month and again, heartburn was one of my biggest triggers...that and nausea...it started 2 days before my positive (on the day I missed AF)

4. chris629

chris629 Well-Known Member

I knew with pg #1 but only because of my chart. My chart was going really good but I made myself wait till I missed my period by one day, then I tested the next day but had a feeling.

5. MyBoos

MyBoos Well-Known Member

I knew before my missed period. I had gone on a Thursday to my regular physician and it was a negative. I went on Monday to my ob and it was a barely postive...they believed it was a false positive. I had sore breasts and was already eating too much. My period would have come the following week.

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I have never permed my hair before, but whenever I am pregnant I have this unbelievable desire to go and get a perm. So when I get this desire I buy a test and wait until I can officially test. Strange thing is before any of my pregnancies my hair was super straight and now it is curly. Weird huh!?!

7. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Just sending baby vibes.

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I knew with Liam because my sense of smell was so pronounced. I could smell the ketchup on a hot dog in the next section at Fenway Park. I tested the next morning and got a faint positive (4 days before period was due), I tested every day that week.

Sending baby vibes your way....

9. melslp13

melslp13 Well-Known Member

I knew because I couldn't sleep and I was getting up to pee a million times a night. I went to the drug store to get sleep aids, and then thought better of it and bought a test instead.

10. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

""I think your body can kind of "trick" you and make you think everything is a symptom when you are TTC. Best of luck to you.""

This is what i am sure is happening, but i am hopful. i think any little thing and i am thinking well maby.
    the twins were birth control babies so i have no clue how long this may take.
    i hope i am lucky like you and can do it the first month. but hay its fun trying so its ok if it takes longer, just not to long i hope :huh:

11. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

DH knew each time... with the twins it was before and with this baby I had no real AF (still nursing.)

12. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Sending baby vibes!!!!!!!!!

My boys were birth control babies, too, so I wasn't expecting them and kept right on partying and drinking and whatnot. Actually my first period came late and only lasted two days, but I figured stress, never thought pregnancy, then completely missed the second period, took a test (3 tests) and found out that way.

With this one, no missed period, but I had stopped BFing and my periods were sporadic and wierd, so no clue there. I was about 7 weeks when I found out, my clue was tiredness and nausea in the mornings. When I brushed my teeth and then puked, I thought, Uh-Oh, better take a test!

13. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I've never waited until a missed period to test. While this last baby was a surprise, based on the time of the month of conception I knew that all my pregnancies were possibilities and tested early on. With the first two pregnancies, I can't say if I would have known that I was pregnant because I just had such great anticipation for pregnancy that it overshadowed everything else.

14. li li

li li Well-Known Member

My breasts were so sore I had to wear a bra to bed (from about 5 days before I was due) and coffee suddenly tasted disgusting.