Did/do yours reach milstones later

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tiff12080, Oct 2, 2009.

1. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

I have found that when I compare my boys to singletons I worry. Then I come on here, and it seems that for twins they are right on track. Am I crazy? does anyone else notice this? Anyway thanks!! I always feel reassured coming here!!

2. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Korey didn't crawl until 10.5 months because he was a lil chunker. Ryley started crawling at 8 months and Kelsey still isn't crawling (Kelsey and Ryley are 10 mths). Korey was sitting alone at 6 months, Ryley at 7 months and Kelsey at 8 mths. Korey got his first tooth at 8 mths, Kelsey at 9 mths and Ryley just got his first tooth this past week at 10 mths. I think all babies are diff and hit milestones at diff ages regardless of being a twin or singleton.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Luke & Lila (who were full term at 38+ weeks, and as big as singletons at 7 lbs 13 oz & 7 lbs 9 oz) reached all of their milestones later than my first 3 (who all reached theirs at about the same time). Now, at 3 they are completely caught up, talking a mile a minute & into everything, but as infants they were slower to reach their milestones. I don't know why, but it's true. :pardon:

1 person likes this.
  4. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

I definately agree that coming on this site helps me feel reassured and can totally relate to worrying about milestones but i don't compare to singletons really i am just a fool for comparing my daughgters against each other.

It now seems my girl who reached cetrain milestones early is now having some delays so has been referred - i'm just playing the waiting game now. I have one who is crawling and trying to stand up, she is very good on her feet and the other who only rolls in 1 direction, bares no weight on her legs and curls her toes in when her feet hit the ground so it is silly to compare them but i do it, so i guess you could call me crazy aswell :crazy:

I'm glad that your lo's are on track :babyflips:

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I STILL have the same problem! To top it off, all the singletons are girls and seem to be miles and miles ahead of the boys. It's very hard to get past, but once they reach most of the major milestones, you'll stop worrying as much (but not all together). TS has saved my sanity more than once!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Twinstuff has reassured me many a time!
    I would say that my DD seemed to be on time with milestones and my DS was later with them.
    DS got his first tooth at 6 months, DD not until 8 months
    DD crawled at 8 months & pulled up at 9 months
    DS did not crawl until 10.5 months and starting pulling up after that.
    DD was walking by 11 months and DS took tenative steps at 12 months but wasn't a steady walker until 14 months.

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Same here!!

I swear that everyone I know around here had kids walking by 9 months!!! Or crawling at 6 months. :pardon: It was great to come here and see that my two weren't the only two on the planet not walking (or doing something else ;) )

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine reach milestones a little later than their cousin who was born only 3 weeks before they were born. But then I remember that my girls were about a month early and you can't change the date when you were conceived, even if you were born early.

9. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

At first we were worried about DD because she didn't bear any weight on her legs. DS seemed to have much stronger legs. Now DD seems to be ahead of DS in the large motor skills.

My DD and DS both started sitting close to 7 months. DD started crawling at 8.5 months. DS is nowhere near crawling. It's hard not to compare!

10. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

:friends: Once again, Thanks everyone!!

11. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

I think about it also. My girls are 8 months old and they just started getting around on the floor, they roll and scoot (army crawl). Also they sit for just short periods at a time. But like you, coming here helps a lot. Thanks to everyone! :give_rose: :give_rose: