Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by silver_stardust, Mar 9, 2010.

1. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Are you planning on doing anything to adjust for DST this weekend?? :lazy:

I'm thinking about moving their bedtime up a half hour tomorrow and the next day and then an hour for Friday and Sat and then when the adjustment is made on Sunday they will be at their normal bedtime. Crossing my fingers that all will be well!

2. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

OMGoodness is it that time again already!!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I cannot believe DST is already here! So far we have not had to adjust but I always take a wait and see approach. Good luck this weekend ladies!

4. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

I had no idea DST was coming up until you posted this. I'd have been in the dark had you not said anything. Thank you!

I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll have to move them back most likely cause of their classes, but we'll see how that goes.

5. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

My guys' bed time varies by 1/2 an hour either way on a normal day (depending on how they nap), so I'll probably just put them to bed at 7:30 instead of 8 on Saturday night. :)

6. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

Ughh - I love, love, love DST but I hate trying to get used to a new schedule. We usually put our two to bed between 7:15 and 7:30 so I will probably err more toward 7:00 the next few days so they can maybe go down a little easier at 7:30 (which will really be 6:30) when the time changes. I don't get them out of their cribs until 6:45 in the mornings and that won't change - just hoping they don't sleep late because they are our alarm clocks!

7. sruth

sruth Well-Known Member

I didn't change anything last year because the schedule is the same (one hour ahead all day) from when they get up to bed time. Maybe getting them up earlier the first day is harder but I don't remember it being an issue. The only thing is that its so bright outside...it will be harder doing downtime before bed!

8. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

OMG!!!!!! I'm such a doof! :woah: I totally thought we had to turn back an hour - fall back ... but it's spring ahead!!!!!!!!!! Throw that plan out the window! :crazy:

SPRING AHEAD LADIES!! :woo: