Current favorite music group?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Jan 14, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't like today's rappers/hip hop...but I loved the old school stuff. Tupac was a talent gone too soon. So was Biggie. I think there has been no better rapper lyrically or voice wise than Chuck D. I could listen to that man rap or talk all day. Run DMC has always been a favorite of mine. Ice T was good too, especially with Body Count.

2 people like this.
  2. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Oh yes! Very different from the later years. His voice is amazing. And Jeff Beck is a guitar god.

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I like BOB and Bruno Mars too!

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mumford and son, lumineers, imagine dragons are some new faves:). Working out is definitely pitbull and flo-rida!

5. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

You are a youngin! Im clueless on the new pop groups! I have to ask my friends that have preteen/ teenage kids who most of the bands are, plus we're mainly a country family but I LOVE me some Mumford and Sons! Nickelback, Pink, and I will FOREVER be a die hard Bon Jovi fan!

1 person likes this.
  6. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Nancy I couldn't agree more!!! I miss old school rap!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Can I sound old but I cannot remember the last time I actually downloaded a new song. I am just blah over new music. I do enjoy the energy Bruno Mars gives off with his vibe though. I would love to see him live.

All I get to listen to with the girls is Taylor Swift (barf) even though she is cute and it is cute to listen to the girls sing along with her. Thank God they are not into the Beibs or One Direction.

I did just get my XM radio reactivated and have been thumpin to some Old School rap. Love it in my white old town to have some Dr Dre blaring in my little Cube car.

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I am a HUGE Matchbox twenty fan. Have been since their first album. Rob Thomas as a solo artist. I am loving Imagine Dragons and Neon trees at the moment. Fun is up there too.

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I saw Rob Thomas on his solo tour about 7 years ago- great show!

We could listen to music together anytime. :)

10. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I've seen Matchbox twenty twice in concert. LOVED it. I am very disappointed he is coming to Ontario but playing 2.5 hrs away. :(