complaining

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by chellebelle, Dec 8, 2009.

1. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Just had to complain....it's -33 today and with the windchill its -41 :faint: wayyy too cold to take the kids out! The long range forecast isn't much better either with -20's :help: I so need to get outta the house before I go :crazy: May have to go shopping quickly by myself tonight just to get out. I sooo wanna move somewhere with warm winters!

Ok complaining over lol.

2. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I don't know how people live in such frosty places for several months out of the year!! If it gets below 20 degrees here I am miserable. I love our fairly mild winters and mild summers!

Hope you are able to get out of the house soon before you go stir crazy :)

3. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

i'll trade places with you in a nano second just give me a minute to buy some airline tickets, pack up all my stuff and we can trade houses!!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the snow and being freezing, it sure beats sweating to death and not being able to breath because the humidity outside is so thick, or not be able to see when you get out of your car because the humidity has fogged up your glasses so bad you have to take them off or look up and over them.

i hate florida...too hot, too humid, too flat, too boring!

trade ya....seriously!

4. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

I grew up in Red Deer - the snow/cold always seemed much more fun when you are a kid - hope you get some time out tonight!

5. ptyflack1

ptyflack1 Well-Known Member

Come to Phoenix, but the summer will kill you. 106 is the summer average. I have the heater set at 73. I hate the cold.

6. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

LOL! I am always sweating lately (ugh gross sorry tmi), with 3 kids that don't walk that comes with the territory and my sunglasses are always fogging up haha so I hear ya! I HATE humid weather so yeah I'd be miserable there but I may do it for a little while! ;)

We're down south a few hours from Calgary!

It's a dry heat there isn't it? It is here too, in fact the summers are normally between 30 and 35 celcius (86 - 95) so we get both extremes but not 106 I would die in that too LOL.

I miss my northwest winters and summers for that matter, I like me a temperate climate and I miss the rain!!! I'd take rain any day over snow!

Thanks for all your commisseration guys, it'd be ok if I could leave the house LOL.

7. newpairofschus

newpairofschus Well-Known Member

I'm with you! My parents lived briefly in both FL and TX and Dad kept trying to convince me how wonderful those states were. Not buying it.

I sweat with the very thought of physical exertion, humidity, etc., so anything over 80 and I'm seriously crabby. And I LOVE snow. I can't imagine a green Christmas. Blech.

Oh well, to each their own, huh. (DH is the exact opposite of me...hates winter...thinks FL would be FINE) Oh, and as for the "dry" heat? I think that's a marketing ploy from the tourism bureau. 110 degrees is just plain H-O-T, no matter WHAT kind of heat it is.

Eve...who's excited about the first snowstorm that's on its way

8. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

Oh you poor Canadians. I think Canada is great and would totally live there if it were south of us instead of north of us. lol

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, that is some cold weather. And I've been complaining here with the cold this week & we aren't even close to that cold! Hope you get a heat wave soon & warm up to at least freezing. :lol: :cool:

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:cry: :cry: :cry: I miss snow, and cold weather, and snow, and icicles, and snow, and.....

I'm from Sask, been living down here in South Carolina for almost 12 yrs, and I can't even tell you how much I miss white christmas's! Thankfully my family is still up there and we are heading up for a visit in january this year!! :good: It'll be the second or third time my kids have seen that much snow! :D

You can come down here, where my septic tank stays flooded in the winter because of all the RAIN that ponds on top of it! :rolleyes: :lol:

C'mon, it's a fair trade!! :blbl:

11. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I take my kids out NO MATTER WHAT. I'm in MN and it's like 20 below here too with 2 or 3 feet of new snow (last nite's storm) and I go out NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! "Come hell or high water, we go places!!!" Ha.

Bundle them up and get them used to it. That's my motto. Desensitization for my kids cuz we ain't moving from here anytime soon. LOL. I love living here. It's a beautiful place. Looking out my window is like looking at a Christmas exhibit at Macy's. My DH is from SICILY where it's 100 degrees every day and NEVER EVER EVER EVER snows.. He's a bit chagrined at the weather. "Get used to it, my boy!"

12. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

I LOVE the snow but hate the high winds and below freezing temps!!! But I'm all about the white Christmas! Loved waking up this morning to see the snow on the ground.

13. ptyflack1

ptyflack1 Well-Known Member

OKAY NOW I want to sell you on Phoenix, 106-110, in summer, it a dry heat, no one wants a moist skelatin. :ibiggrin:

When I wan snow I drive 3 hours north, lots of snow in Flagstaff, lots of lakes, we have no Ocean, but if Cali has "the big one" we'll have Yuma beach, 3 hrs SW. I love it here. I have no twin moms on this site from AZ that I can see. IT's lonely. :rolleyes: