Chorid Plexus Cyst on Ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Amy A, May 8, 2009.

1. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

I had my ultrasound a few weeks ago. We got to see our little active boy and it was such a thrill. He was a pretty stubborn guy though and wouldn't let us see his face, so I was told I would come back for an ultrasound in 2-4 weeks just to make sure his orbits and lip were fine (routine screening). A week later I had my 20 week appt and got the final results from my ultrasound. My son has a chorid plexus cyst, bascially a cyst in his brain in the area that makes spinal fluid. My OB said not to worry and that this is pretty common. Of course, on-line says it's only in 1-2% of pregnant women. My OB said that they usually resolve themselves by the third trimester. In some cases this type of cyst can be linked with a genetic deformity. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else had a CPC while pregnant and what the result was. I am very hopeful that this will go away, but also a bit concerned of course. We have another ultrasound on the 20th, so I should know more then.

2. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

One of my DDs had one at 18 weeks---it was gone by 24 weeks!!!

3. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

One of my friends had that also with her baby it was found at 16 weeks and she is now 28 weeks and it is gone.
    :hug: Best wishes and keep us posted!

4. momofmandb

momofmandb Well-Known Member

My eight year old daughter had this. She is perfectly fine now!

5. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

Ben had several at my 18 week ultrasound. By the time I had my next ultrasound at 22 weeks they were gone. He was born with no health concerns whatsoever.

I remember how scared I was :hug: everything will be okay.

6. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

James had the same thing at the same scan. It was gone well before birth. Don't worry!

7. soydalish

soydalish Active Member

They spotted a choroid plexus cyst on the ultrasound at 18 weeks with my son. They never rechecked so it either resolved or it didn't (probably resolved) and he is totally fine and perfectly healthy (19 months now).

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:hug:'s I know I was SO scared when they found CPC's on both of my two at our 17 week u/s. :cry: The doctor told me not to worry and that with today's technology they are finding them more and more on u/s's. My advice would be to not google anything on it anymore. I did and it made things alot worse for me. By about 24 weeks they were barely visible and my two are completely healthy today.

:hug:

9. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

We just dealt with that a few weeks ago actually. One of the boys had a bunch on his brain at my 19 wk ultrasound and when i went in at 23 weeks, every single one was gone. As pp said, they are finding it more and more often now that they do more u/s. I'm sure you'll be just fine!

10. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies!! I have my ultrasound this coming wed - so I will update you guys then.