Changing Wriggly Boy Baby's Dirty Diaper

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by cat mommy, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

DS is 6 weeks adjusted. His formula gives him very watery poops which get into the creases between his thighs and testicles. He is super wriggly when I change him and I have a hard time cleaning those creases. Any suggestions?? Thank you.

2. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

not really, except to cherish this time when he's small enough where you can control him and relatively hold him still. mine are almost 20 months and flip themselves over and kick me and do whatever during diaper changes. i can't wait til they are potty trained.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My son was very wriggly at that age and I used to hold his little ankles and learned to work quick to get the creases and other areas. I would try to distract him by making silly faces or noises, which usually got his attention long enough for me to get what I had to done. Good luck!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

so sorry... and hate to say it but it seems they get wiggelier! yep, I hold their ankles with my left hand and you can almost pin them to his body while I work on wiping with my right hand. but then to get all the skin clean you've got to release the legs and clean the front too... ugh! amazingly my ds is actually laying much more still lately... and I think he understands that I'm "helping" him to get clean!

5. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Those testicles totally get in the way!!! :) So i can clean his back first and then move to the front? I know you can't do that with girls, so it didn't occur to me to try it with him! And I will hold his legs much closer to his body than i do now while i make silly faces. Now....just got to figure out how to keep my hand clean enough so that i can dress him without having to wash my hands. :unsure:I

My daughter is so easy. She spreads her legs and lays still for me. :banana:

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Work quickly and yes, go from back to front. Also, you may want to try laying something like a small washcloth on his tummy to see if the pressure helps calm him.

7. LsuTwinMama

LsuTwinMama Active Member

I have 2 very wiggly girls who like to flip over and moon me when I change their diapers (DH calls it "poopy death rolls" because it seems to happen way more when they have poopy diapers).
    I find it helps to give them a toy that has buttons or makes noise to keep their attention for a few seconds while I change a diaper as quickly as possible. When all else fails, letting them hold my cell phone or the TV remote are GUARANTEED to hold their attention.

I miss the days when they would just lay still... lol

8. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We used to grab DS's ankles with one hand and clean him with the other, but lately he has started to flip over during the process - even when we have firm hold of his ankles and his rear is off the surface! The lil rascal looks like he's going to twist in half! Since we change diapers on the floor, I've been known to throw my leg (gently) across his chest :girl_devil: and work very quickly, mainly to keep DD from exploring her brother's soiled dipe! :bad:

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used to sing songs to try & distract Luke. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but it's worth a try!

10. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

you mentioned wiping back to front... well, I cloth diaper and have lots and lots of cloth wipes... soooo... for really messy changes, I use 4 to 5 wipes or more if needed! I do get all the junk off his bottom first, then get a new wipe and do that again, then a new wipe for the front... you get the picture. I have no need to conserve on the wipes since they don't cost me money... but yeah, I suppose you want to me as sanitary as possible with diapers. good luck.