cerclage put in

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MsTasha, Dec 31, 2009.

1. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

Well, my cerclage was put in this morning and things are fine as far as I know. They did an u/s before and after and the babies were moving like crazy, they couldn't even get the heartrates prior to surgery because they were doing flips and wouldn't be still! After surgery the HR were 153 & 156 I am crampy and having some spotting but they tell me that is normal (I am not thrilled about it though! - I like things nice and calm ;))

2. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I am sending positive thoughts your way!!
    I don't have any experience with cerclage but I am wishing you all the best in 2010!! Your signiture picture is too cute!!

3. evemomma

evemomma Well-Known Member

Tasha!

I didn't know you were getting a cerclage! I'm praying it holds tight and keeps those babies cooking for a looooooong time! I'm having a very difficult pregnancy with these twins too (no major cervical change, but LOTS of contrax)...and it's just soooooo nerve-wracking to deal with after all the pain and stress of IVF. Praying for you!!

Eve

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Glad getting the Cerglage went well! I hope it works well for you! :hug:

5. MsTasha

Thanks ladies! My cerclage was preventative, cervix is still long, closed, and firm. I had several cervical issues in the past that put me at a higher risk for IC - LEEP, cone biopsy, D&C, so they reccomended that I have it done (especially with twins) and the RE wanted it done before 12 weeks, so I went ahead and did it. I am glad to have it done, but wish I didn't feel crummy!

6. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

Glad things went well, and here's to an uneventful pregnancy!

7. betha

betha Well-Known Member

I had the LEEP and cone biopsy too. I had major cervical problems at 24 weeks (almost delivered then). I wasn't eligible for a cerclage since my dd's sac was bulging out a bit. I had a cervix of 6mm and had 12 weeks of BR. They told me if I get pregnant again (not for me) they would do a preventative cerclage.
    I think it's great you are making sure you won't have unexpected problems later. It will be worth it!

8. evemomma

One of my cyclce buddies from SK had major cervical probs due to biopsies and such as well. They thought it was too risky to put the cerclage in (don't remember why) once she started having probs, but she was still able to maintain her pregnancy until 28 weeks. They're doing great now!

I'm glad they were so smart in putting yours in early! Hopefully you won't have to worry any about cervical change until those babies are good and cooked!

9. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

I had a preventative cerclage @ 14 weeks due to previous pregnancies with PTL and IC! Sounds like everything went well! I wish you a wonderful full term pg!! My cramping lasted through the afternoon and the spotting (light pink and light brown) lasted about 5 days. It's totally normal, even if it is nerve-wracking!!

10. Meg_Meg

Meg_Meg Well-Known Member

:hug: Wishing you a happy, healthy and problem free pregnancy!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Glad things went well with getting the cerclage put in.

12. MsTasha

Thanks again, feeling better today - not 100%, but better ;)

Eve, I have been following you on your blog and praying for you that the babies stay snug and that your uterus settles down!

13. evemomma

Thanks Tasha!

Ugh, I hate having this dumb irritable uterus! I'm hanging in there, but have basically put myself on bedrest in lieu of my peri who is out of town until next week's opinion. I'm not having these babies yet, dangit!!!!

14. MsTasha

So, I had my cerclage put in 12/31 and I am still having some mild cramps off and on, is that normal? It took me a long time to get pregnant and stay this way and now I am super-paranoid!

15. If you are concerned I would call your doctor. I didn't experience that from what I can remember, it has been a little bit since I had the girls. Good luck and stay rested!