Camera on my macbook doesn't work(

Discussion in 'General' started by JessyN, Apr 17, 2019.

1. JessyN

JessyN Well-Known Member

What should I do? Did you have such problem?

2. Ckarl

Ckarl Member

Hello! Yes, I have had this more than once. I have iOS 11 and noticed a new HEIC file format for photos I took with my iPhone camera. I need time haha to adapt to new features. The new file format has compatibility issues with some applications or devices, forcing people to choose from HEIC to JPG.

3. Sarach

Sarach Active Member

My brother showed me how to do it, but I can hardly repeat in words what he did. In general, together with him, we searched the Internet for many different instructions on how to do this, and found this one how to change heic to jpg, I read it carefully, and understood everything. I think this might help you. It describes how to convert using different applications and photos as well.

4. BelaDublin

BelaDublin New Member

I had a similar problem, but I decided to do everything myself and accidentally deleted my needed files. I could not fix it and decided to restore the data. I started asking friends where I could do it because I couldn't do it manually, and my friends recommended this website https://www.salvagedata.com/apple-mac-recovery/. The person who fixed my camera said that the MacBook often couldn't detect the camera. To do this, click on the Apple menu in the upper left corner and the sidebar, click "About" "Camera." You should see something like "FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)" along with a set of numbers and model IDs. You can also check the "USB" section and see if your webcam shows up there.