Breast pads for nursing twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Aug 16, 2013.

Hi ladies!
    What breast pads are the best while nursing twins? Trying to get prepared now!!
    Thanks!!

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love Bamboobies! So soft and really absorbent (especially the overnight ones).

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never liked disposable ones. I stuck with a washable kind from Target.

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Lilypadz!!! I LOVED them. They're silicon and just stick right on you. So you could maybe even wear them without a bra, at night. You can wear them swimming or whatever. They're not meant to absorb milk, they put a little pressure on your nipple to keep you from leaking. And the best part? You can't see them under a t-shirt. I HATE that "headlights" look of so many breast pads. If you go too long without nursing, you still might leak a little, so that you'd want to possibly have a rag or something to catch the milk, when you peel them off. I had that happen a few times. But even then, it never leaked out around the pad or onto my clothing while I was wearing them.

I would really recommend 2 pair, so you can rinse one and leave it to dry when putting on the other. I found them new on ebay for cheaper than from the lilypadz website.

4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I have always been a fan of the Nuk ones. I used both the disposable and the washable ones. I like how discreet and comfortable the disposables are. The washable ones I used to save money. I geneally have oversupply and overactive letdown the first 6 months so leaking is a major concern for me. These always worked well for me.

5. Thanks ladies ;-)

6. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Don't just assume you'll need them, though, unless you already know you leak. It has to do with how tight the muscles around your nipples are, I've read. I've never leaked but before my first child I waste money on 2 boxes of nursing pads. I gave them away but I now feel like warning moms to not just assume you will leak, or leak more with twins.

7. Vividor

Vividor Member

I wonder if I need them... I was leaking with my son a lot, and this time being pregnant with twins, I started leaking around 25 week of pregnancy, but just a little bit. I just want to save money..

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used the washable kind- they lasted the whole time I needed them.

9. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Agreed - if cost is a concern, invest in reusable ones. It's more money up front but saves money with each use. I actually used my cloth breast pads for the start of both of my nursing relationships. I still have them tucked away just in case there's a third opportunity. ;)

10. Vividor

Vividor Member

Thank you, girls!