Braxton Hicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tina Ross, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Tina Ross

Tina Ross Well-Known Member

I have been having braxton hicks for a couple of weeks off and on..So when I went to the doc on 11-22-06, I mentioned it to him and he told me it's because I'm not drinking enough water..Which I have to admit I havent drank as much as I normally do..But my question is, does that sound right..Could it really be from not drinking enough water???

2. Tina Ross

I have been having braxton hicks for a couple of weeks off and on..So when I went to the doc on 11-22-06, I mentioned it to him and he told me it's because I'm not drinking enough water..Which I have to admit I havent drank as much as I normally do..But my question is, does that sound right..Could it really be from not drinking enough water???

3. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

yes, definitely. The dehydration causes them.

Then of course, a full bladder also causes them, so it's a delicate balance.

Miriam

4. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

I agree with Miriam totally. Not drinking enough causes them, but then a full bladder, and for me walking to the bathroom, causes them too. However, I would be sure to drink a LOT of water because it's more important for so many reasons. The contractions you get from having to *go* are not going to cause anything to happen; c's because you're dehydrated can stir up all sorts of problems, including reduced fluid. So drink up! [​IMG] haha ok, I mean water, of course!

5. Tina Ross

[​IMG] Thanks everyone, I WILL drink lots of water now!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YES!YES!YES!!! My doctor told me to drink 1 gallon of water every day!
    GOOD LUCK!! [​IMG]

7. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

For me, if I didn't drink about two liters of water a day I had lots of bh contractions! What happens is two things. Your muscles get a little dehydrated and that irritates them causing cramps/contractions. Your uterus is nothing but a big muscle- thus contractions occur. Next, if you are a little dehydrated the fluid around the babies goes down some, causing your sacks to become smaller, causing the uterus to become smaller. This causes contractions.

Hope that helps!

Angel