Boys fashion

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Nancy C, Jun 9, 2009.

?

What color socks do you choose

1. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

My sons have some cute tennis shoes that are dark - either navy or black. I am lost when it comes to picking socks that don't look silly - help

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I always put white socks on my son regardless of the color of his sneakers...I usually buy the short ankle socks though...

3. Lisa R

Lisa R Well-Known Member

I only buy white socks for both my DS and DD. They both have a couple of pairs of character socks but that is really it. I don't want to think about matching socks to outfits. When they get older, I assume that DD will want different types of socks but for now, I see no problem with all white (low ankle) socks. They are easy to wash, sort and pick out to dress.

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

In the winter with long pants dark socks are fine but in the summer with shorts I prefer white. and actually I buy low socks or even no show socks for my boys. after I typed that I realized that my boys do have some no show socks that are black and super cute, but if you can see them I would prefer white!

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

For summer, white ankle socks. They've worn these type of socks with black/silver runners, brown/navy/orange runners, brown/black/orange runners, and white runners.

6. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

My b/g twins were white low cut or ankle socks with every color shoe. Makes laundry a lot easier. And white goes with all their outfits.

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

My boys like white no-show socks.

8. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Well, I am one of "those" moms that just doesn't care if they look silly :laughing: I let my boys pick out their own socks (well, except for church or dress up events ). They like to pick their favorite Christmas socks...red and green. Seriously, anytime they are clean, there they are, on their feet :lol: And sometimes they like the orange ones, whether or not they are wearing orange is irrelevant!

9. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We do all white socks on Blake. Usually the ankle ones.

10. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i always try to match the socks to his pants. if it's shorts, though, we usually go with white or matching the shirt---pretty 80's i guess LOL

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Jun 9 2009, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1347884[/snapback]
    In the winter with long pants dark socks are fine but in the summer with shorts I prefer white. and actually I buy low socks or even no show socks for my boys. after I typed that I realized that my boys do have some no show socks that are black and super cute, but if you can see them I would prefer white!

same here

12. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Osh Kosh makes some cute socks that are white and have an animal or stripes on them. I'm finding myself getting away from those though b/c they are too thick for the summer. I think white ones would look fine though.

13. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent, LOL -- I really don't like the look of white socks and black sneakers -- the whole Michael Jackson look!

But, dark socks look goofy with shorts, so I usually do gray.

With navy sneakers, I'd probably be okay with white, depending on how dark the shoes are.

14. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I pick sock color based more on the color of the pants. Jeans & khakis, probably white. Dark pants, dark socks. But that's pants. With shorts, dh thinks I'm crazy b/c I never do sneakers with shorts.

15. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Jun 13 2009, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1353262[/snapback]
    I pick sock color based more on the color of the pants. Jeans & khakis, probably white. Dark pants, dark socks. But that's pants. With shorts, dh thinks I'm crazy b/c I never do sneakers with shorts.

That's a good point. I can't remember the last time I put socks and sneakers on Kevan if it was warm enough for shorts -- he's always in sandals.

16. cricket1

cricket1 Well-Known Member

my two normally have sandals on w/shorts. I would most likely go dark with dark if that was the only choice. That said, they do not let me choose their socks, and I do not fight it, not worth the battle. They have a "thing" for long socks so they have been known to go out with colored (red, navy gray what have you) socks pulled up "tall". Do they look "challenged" yes. Are they happy? yes and as long as it is not formal pictures, we go with it.

17. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

Hello, many people watch fashion trends now. It doesn't mean that they all buy these designers' clothes, but they definitely want them. Unfortunately, this is very expensive. However, this problem can be solved. The key to it is to read this useful information about Designer Discreet and use it when you need new clothes

18. Hi I love white socks but they get so messy. We have some great clothes over on our website www.hummingbirdbyvictoria.com. Everything you need for twins and triplets x